Photos of several of the houses on my street

In Photographs > Show & Tell.
Photographs2155 of 2942Photo of Aunt Laura Found!!!WWI era Soldiers & Sailor with Pit Bull mascots....

pw-collectorpw-collector loves this.
StonieStonie loves this.
kerry10456kerry10456 loves this.
vanskyock24vanskyock24 loves this.
tlmbarantlmbaran loves this.
hotkittieshotkitties likes this.

packrat-pl…

Yes, these are real houses on my street, I took the photographs yesterday.
The first house is about 300 ft. down the road from my house. The second house is three blocks down the street, and the next two are in between. The house just down the road has several old sheds in the back packed full of old stuff, I peeked.
Where is a good neighborhood association when you need one! At least my nieghbors are quiet.
enjoy

Comments

1. hotkitties, 3 years ago
    I love stuff like this! Anyone living in them? It would be hard for me not to peek, too ;)
  2. tlmbaran tlmbaran, 3 years ago
    I would be ALL over that. Lots of treasures hidden in dark corners, and in closets and under floor boards! Wish MY neighbors were like yours!
  3. packrat-place packrat-place, 3 years ago
    thank you hotkitties, they have been abandoned for years. The second house has been abandoned for 30 years or better. I walk by them almost every day.
  4. vanskyock24 vanskyock24, 3 years ago
    i would be trying to buy the contents packy - bet some goodies in there
  5. hotkitties, 3 years ago
    You have incredible self-control!!!!
  6. vanskyock24 vanskyock24, 3 years ago
    whats the population in kerville packy is it a very big town
  7. packrat-place packrat-place, 3 years ago
    I am not actually in Kerrville, I am in a small town East of Kerrville and about 60 mi. NWof San Antonio. I am not sure of the pop. ,but when my daughter graduated H.S. there were 34 in the graduating class. The most exciting around here is when somebody's goats get out on the road.
  8. Manikin Manikin, 3 years ago
    Gee that is just the right pace for my son to live . He would be happy in any one of those as long as there is a woods nearby . Awesome shots ! I can't believe they have never been torn down or vandalized . I would be peeking for sure ! Did you see anything through a window ? Love this photo's ! See if one is for rent will ya ?
  9. Stonie Stonie, 3 years ago
    What stories these old home could tell.
  10. RonM RonM, 3 years ago
    Those metal roofs last a long time.With a little paint they would look brand new.
  11. Lostinspace Lostinspace, 3 years ago
    FANTASTIC! Hey I'm looking to get away from the high rents of NYC. I would paint the front door red, and call it home. :) Great pics!
  12. packrat-place packrat-place, 3 years ago
    Thank you very much Lostinspace, RonM, Stonie, BELLIN68, Manikin, vanskyock24, & tlmbaran.
    I will have more pics of my lovely little town in the near future.
  13. packrat-place packrat-place, 3 years ago
  14. Samovar88 Samovar88, 3 years ago
    What a nice way to preserve the history of your neighborhood. Some day these will be gone, either bulldozed or rot into piles of scrap. I love the 3rd picture!
  15. packrat-place packrat-place, 3 years ago
    Thank you very much Samovar88 & Hedgewalker. You are correct, these will be gone. That is why I carry a camera with me, I stop and take photographs of all this old stuff and keep them on a flash drive.
  16. vinylrecordsaddicted, 3 years ago
    Great photos, very artistic, love 'em.
  17. packrat-place packrat-place, 3 years ago
    Thank you for the love vinylrecordsaddicted, albegood & BirdieZ
  18. Hems303 Hems303, 2 years ago
    Hi packrat-place

You posted these some time ago, so I don't know if you'll read this. Truely evocative images! Thanks for all your hard work in presenting them in your "Forgotten" series. I hope you don't mind but I would certainly like to use elements in some of my future drawings and paintings. Can I ask wherabouts in the US you live?

Regards, Steve
  19. packrat-place packrat-place, 2 years ago
  20. musikchoo musikchoo, 2 years ago
    Great Photos Pack !! Are any of these Recent enough for you to have known any of the folks who lived there??
  21. packrat-place packrat-place, 2 years ago
    musikchoo,
    Thank you very much for the kind words. Actually people lived in the house in the first photo as late as 2000, but I did not know them.
    The others have been vacant for a very, very long time.
  22. debbiepike54 debbiepike54, 2 years ago
    I live in East Texas. I love to hunt in old houses vacated. Where are you? lol!
  23. packrat-place packrat-place, 2 years ago
    AR8Jason,
    Its great that you are able to get out and detect. I do not get to do as much as I would like, darn spinal arthritis.
    If I remember corrrectly, somebody posted a pile of old dog tags they found somewhere, however, the old memory banks are not what they used to be.
    debbiepike54, I live near Kerrville, Texas.
  24. debbiepike54 debbiepike54, 2 years ago
    Thanks,..I live in Jacksonville, that's near Tyler !