Vintage beads necklace

In Fine Jewelry > Fine Jewelry Necklaces > Show & Tell and Costume Jewelry > Glass Costume Jewelry > Show & Tell.
Fine Jewelry Necklaces216 of 285Bear NecklaceNecklace silver copper, Native American? Mexican? Other?

kyratangokyratango loves this.
auraaura loves this.
ElisabethanElisabethan loves this.
toracattoracat loves this.
BirdieZBirdieZ likes this.
tdvintagecompanytdvintagecompany loves this.
thriftfanthriftfan loves this.
vintagemadvintagemad loves this.
AmberRoseAmberRose loves this.

Agram.m

This necklace was from my mother. At this time she would be 99 years old.
Of course I cannot ask her what this necklace is about. It had knots between each bead but the thread was broken so I restrung it, but intended to restrung with knots as original.
The beads are 1.3 cm in diameter and transparant (with bubbles in it as shown in the photos)and the locket is original and a sort of pinchback. The colour of the beads between purple and pink. What kind of necklace (beads) could this be? I have shown a photo of one bead which shows those kind of (air?) bubbles. Suggestions are welcome!

Comments

1. davyd286, 4 years ago
    If the beads have bubbles, they are most likely glass.
  2. Agram.m Agram.m, 4 years ago
    Yes, they have, thanks davyd286. In any case they are old. Olmost 100 years.
  3. Agram.m Agram.m, 4 years ago
    MuranoArtGlass, thanks for your clear comment. I know now something more about my mother's necklace.
  4. davyd286, 4 years ago
    The little beaded designs on your clasp were very popular around the turn of the 20th century. I have a somewhat similar cobalt blue glass necklace made in China around 1910-1920, but I've also seen other jewelry of the same style that were made in Austria or other European countries with the same styling.
  5. Agram.m Agram.m, 4 years ago
    Thanks Dacyd286 I will hold this one of the memories on my late mother.
  6. tdvintagecompany tdvintagecompany, 4 years ago
    Beautiful necklace! I love the color of the beads!
  7. Agram.m Agram.m, 4 years ago
    Thanks tdvintagecompany, I agree!
  8. Yohanna Yohanna, 4 years ago
    I have a bracelet like them they are garnet glass beads..
  9. Agram.m Agram.m, 4 years ago
    Thanks for your comment Yohanna, yes indeed it could also be garnet glass beads.
  10. Agram.m Agram.m, 3 years ago
    toracat thanks for your interest and loving
  11. Elisabethan Elisabethan, 4 months ago
    This is a lovely necklace!
  12. Agram.m Agram.m, 4 months ago
    Thanks Elisabethan, it was from my mother.
  13. kyratango kyratango, 4 months ago
    Hi Marga, thanks to Aura who pops out old posts :-)
    Your Mom's necklace is a beautiful exemple of Peking glass beads, with the original chinese clasp (can say from the "braided" setting around cab, and little rosettes).
    Love this almandine garnet like color!
  14. Agram.m Agram.m, 4 months ago
    Kyra, as so many times you are such a great help I finally know what kind of necklace this is. Thank you so much.