Are you sure I should take the Truck ? really

In Photographs > Show & Tell.
Photographs2005 of 2871Roman Gabriel signed photoLife of a Country Church & One room school

aghcollectaghcollect loves this.
cworkcwork likes this.
kerry10456kerry10456 loves this.
walksoftlywalksoftly loves this.
olegaclockman47olegaclockman47 loves this.
VontrikeVontrike loves this.

Manikin

I am getting ready to take off in in my Grandpa's truck . I look bewildered like are Your sure this is ok ? Love the old truck . I refuse to say what yr this is . A woman never tells her age and I am sticking to that :-)

Comments

1. kerry10456 kerry10456, 3 years ago
    I know what year it is, but understand your refusal to state that, and will honor your subject matter, lol, love the look. :-)
  2. walksoftly walksoftly, 3 years ago
    That must have been an OLD truck when this pic was taken then! lol
  3. Manikin Manikin, 3 years ago
    Thanks for giving out age LOL But The truck is really older than me as you can see it is pretty banged up . Funny There was a no Business named this My Grandpa just used it in front of farm to advertise . Ohhhhhhhhhhh I was a pin up girl LOL for his ad . I just figured that out :-)
  4. Manikin Manikin, 3 years ago
    Yes that was our homestead bellin
  5. Manikin Manikin, 3 years ago
    Thank you Phil,walksoft,kerry,oleg,vontrike,bellin !
  6. PhilDavidAlexanderMorris PhilDavidAlexanderMorris, 3 years ago
    I have colourized this somewhat for you. You can copy it off my site here on Collectors.
  7. Manikin Manikin, 3 years ago
    Wow thanks Phil ! That is so awesome . You are talented ! Can I send you a photo of me and you airbrush it too :-) I would like to look like Marilyn Monroe can you do that ? :-) Are you a professional photo restorer ??????
  8. Manikin Manikin, 3 years ago
    I have added the photo as Phil colorized it ! How cool is that . And what talent !
    Thanks you again phil
  9. ThriftyGypsy ThriftyGypsy, 3 years ago
    Mannikin, You were a beautiful baby ! I raised two daughters and I have been so proud of them. Lots of guys I have known wanted sons, but I have always loved and only wanted my daughters ! They mean everything to me and I know your parents had to be proud also. You have lived an awesome life from what I have read on here, and I know you have alot more in store. Always enjoy posting on your site, hope you had a great New Years Eve ! Looking forward to "talking" with you this year !
  10. kerry10456 kerry10456, 3 years ago
    Phil has done a fab job on this, I believe he did one for pop's, can't remember but is was great job also.
  11. Manikin Manikin, 3 years ago
    Thank you Thrifty I appreciate your kind words ! My life has had happiness and sadness as all do . But I have to say I had a creative Mom :-) I have 2 sons and 4 daughters . Well 3 now I lost one 3 yrs ago almost to the day today , They buried her on My Birthday . Girls are more fun I can say that boys get into to much trouble :-) My dad had all girls 4 of us I was oldest and before he passed away he said I always wanted a son but no son could have gave me what my daughters did . He passed away at only 60 . More to come :-)
  12. Manikin Manikin, 3 years ago
    kerry Phil has some serious talent I just love this in color !
  13. ThriftyGypsy ThriftyGypsy, 3 years ago
    You are so right Manikin, all our lives have happines and sadness. I am so sorry to hear of your loss. I do agree about boys getting into more trouble ! My oldest daughter just had twin sons about three months ago, so that will be a new experience for us. ( She already had a daughter ! ) I know that you have been blessed and that means so much. I have enjoyed taking with you again as usual !
    Thrifty Gypsy
  14. walksoftly walksoftly, 3 years ago
    I like what your Dad said, you must have enriched his life with all that you have done.
    Phil does fantastic work, love the picture, he did two for me last week but wasn't sure if he wanted me to post them or not.
    BTW you don't look bewildered your'e just looking around to see if anyone is watching so you can go for a joy ride.
  15. Manikin Manikin, 3 years ago
    I did always have a way of finding something to get into Walksoft and I guess I was watching for anyone but than again I should have looked under truck too ! I didn't do that once and I saw something coming out from under a car and picked up a hammer to get it ! It was my poor Dad knocked out . He was under car fixing it . Thank goodness I was only 3 or I may not be here today :-) But no one ever creeped out from under anything again !
  16. kerry10456 kerry10456, 3 years ago
    Mani, I can relate to your Father, between Me and My honey, we have 5 daughters and 10 granddaughters, 1 grandson and one more granddaughter on the way, due in March. Now everybody will know why I have a lock on the inside of my garage instead of it being on the outside. :-)
  17. Manikin Manikin, 3 years ago
    LOL Hey girls can be good mechanics ! Our dad taught us to fix cars, do plumbing, fix anything and I am so grateful to have learned . had he had a son maybe we would be girls with no talents . Now I ca nag my husband when I hear anything that is not sounding right in car, house ect . I am sure he wishes I would know nothing :-) We have to keep garage locked for G-son and son taking tools that never came back . Same as my Dad he finally put up a sign in sheet if you take it sign it in and out or ELSE ! Girls will always be there for there dads and your so lucky to have so many beautiful little g-kids . Just don't spoil the one boy . We had one boy between my dad and his only brothers all the rest were girls . The boy was spoiled by our grandparents and turned out arrogant and thinking he was special .
  18. kerry10456 kerry10456, 3 years ago
    NO No, didn't mean anything like that, I meant that old papa needs his hide away time, lol. The girls in this family have always stood up to any challenge we've set before them, well almost, lol.I love them dearly and hope they love me half as much.
  19. Manikin Manikin, 3 years ago
    Oh well good luck hiding LOL girls are good at tracking you :-) You are blessed kerry . I bet they love you more than you will ever know !
  20. Manikin Manikin, 3 years ago
    thank you hedge,cwork, and official !
  21. Manikin Manikin, 3 years ago
    Thank you trukn !
  22. Manikin Manikin, 3 years ago
    Thank you esantama !
  23. Manikin Manikin, 3 years ago
    Thank you junkman !
  24. Wendling Wendling, 3 years ago
    Nice picture manican,it looks like a Studebaker from the side view. So you posted this 3 days ago,so let me guess when the picture was taken.I will say 25 years ago.
  25. bratjdd bratjdd, 3 years ago
    I was going to say that 20 is not that much older than 15 Manikin. Love your love of life
    and thank you for inspire me. I have two boys and a daughter and they are my life
    I basically raise them by myself and i am proud to say they are good kids. They are appreciate of me, and i am of them. :)
  26. Manikin Manikin, 3 years ago
    Oh yes your both so kind 25 yrs ago sounds good to me :-) Wendling and bratjdd :-) Those comments earn you many brownie points from me :-)
    So you think it is a Studebaker Wendling ? I thought those were just cars not trucks but sure don't know my old cars unless it is a select few I drove :-) Now my Dad had a old Nash stick shift learned to drive stick with and I remember it was about color of this truck . Anyway I decided to teach myself to drive it on our old country road ! I was 15 well a darn telephone pole got right in my way and I parked car so damage could not be seen . It was a month before my dad saw it and then matched the damage and paint to pole well I guess you know who didn't go out for awhile :-)
  27. Manikin Manikin, 3 years ago
    Thank you so much longings !
  28. Manikin Manikin, 3 years ago
    Thank you scandi !!
  29. purpledog purpledog, 2 years ago
    Love this photograph!
  30. Manikin Manikin, 2 years ago
    Thank you purpledog :-) Nice to see you on one of my posts . Hope to see you again :-)
  31. Manikin Manikin, 2 years ago
  32. Bruce99 Bruce99, 2 years ago
    You're welcome Mani! I'm sure your Grandpa would have done his best to give you the world on a string if you had asked him for it. (:
  33. flowerrose flowerrose, 2 years ago
    Way to go Phil! Awesome. Manikin, you pin up girl you!
  34. Manikin Manikin, 2 years ago
    LOL flowerrose a pin up in my farm gear :-) Didn't PhilDavid just do an amazing job on putting into color . He is so talented . I now love this old photo more than ever since he made it come to life .
  35. mikielikesigns2 mikielikesigns2, 2 years ago
    Mani, THAT is the cleverist title YET!!! luv Mikie
  36. bratjdd bratjdd, 2 years ago
    Wow!!!!!!!!! phil you are Awesome!!!!! you did a Fantastic job given it more Life to it. You are the best, I could see Manikin with the biggest Smile of gratefulness. Thanks
  37. ThriftyGypsy ThriftyGypsy, 2 years ago
    Adorable ! I love those bare feet ! Did you vere outgrow going barefoot ? Most young un's don't ! I know I didn't ! Awesome photo ! TG p.s.: I know I commented on this photo before, but I couldn't help myself !
  38. Manikin Manikin, 2 years ago
    Thank you Kevin you did guess right year on truck, who knew to cover the bar code on tires lol :-) :-) Thanks for the nice comment !
    Thanks Thrifty ,bratjdd. and Mikie for the love and lovely comments :-)
  39. Kathycat Kathycat, 2 years ago
    I see that you also were a little "DOLL" !!!!!
  40. Manikin Manikin, 2 years ago
    Thank you Kathy :-) come again I loved your posts too !
  41. vintagejewel vintagejewel, 2 years ago
    You should enter this in a photo contest! its really great
  42. Manikin Manikin, 2 years ago
    Thank you vintagejewel :-) I have so many great memories when I see this photo of the farm . It is special to me and so glad so many have enjoyed it . And thanks again to PhilDavid to bringing it to it's full potential . Stop again so nice to see you on my post :-)
  43. Manikin Manikin, 1 year ago
    Thank you so much sugargirl ! Nice to see you on my post :-)
  44. DrFluffy DrFluffy, 11 months ago
    You look like a doll...
  45. Manikin Manikin, 11 months ago
    Thank you fluffy . Phil Morris fixed this and brought it to life . His work is amazing . I was a fat one though :-) I think maybe they called me fluffy as a baby :-) Thank you for stopping always glad to see you :-)