Vintage View-Master Stereoscope

In Photographs > View-Masters and Reels > Show & Tell.
View-Masters and Reels8 of 11View-Master Yellow & Red Montreal A 050 Packet Rare???View Master with 38 slides.. It's Made in the U.S.A.

ace771ace771 loves this.
lovetheoldstufflovetheoldstuff loves this.
bratjddbratjdd loves this.
officialfuelofficialfuel loves this.
VontrikeVontrike loves this.

ThriftyGypsy

I have not posted anything lately, so I thought I would show this off. Very nice flea market find, paid 25 cents for it ! It has the original box along with about nine reels. All in good condition and works with no problems. I am not sure of the date, but I am thinking the 50's or 60's. The view-master looks like it is made out of bakelite material. Any feedback will be appreciated ! Thanks for looking, Thrifty Gypsy.

Comments

1. ThriftyGypsy ThriftyGypsy, 3 years ago
    Thanks for the love BELLIN68 ! Glad you thought it was cool ! T.G.
  2. ThriftyGypsy ThriftyGypsy, 3 years ago
    Thanks for the love Manikin ! Glad you stopped by. T.G.
  3. Vontrike Vontrike, 3 years ago
    I have the same one that my Grandparents had given me. Mine also has a battery box that holds two D cell's with a bulb. At night you clamp it on and enjoy the show.
  4. ThriftyGypsy ThriftyGypsy, 3 years ago
    Thanks for the love Vontrike !
  5. ThriftyGypsy ThriftyGypsy, 3 years ago
    That sounds pretty cool Vontrike. Mine dosen't have a light in it. It is also neat to have been given to you from your grandparents, and you still have it ! I think that collectibles are even better when they come with a story. Thanks for stopping by. T.G.
  6. ThriftyGypsy ThriftyGypsy, 3 years ago
    Thanks for the love officialfuel !
  7. ThriftyGypsy ThriftyGypsy, 3 years ago
    Thanks for the love bratjdd !
  8. ThriftyGypsy ThriftyGypsy, 3 years ago
    Thanks AR8Jason for the comments. I will check out the disk's for dates. I do believe that the material it is made out of is bakelite, and I think that the 50's sounds right. Always appreciate the information I get from you. Thanks for stopping by. Thrifty Gypsy
  9. ThriftyGypsy ThriftyGypsy, 3 years ago
    Thanks for the love, lovetheoldstuff !
  10. PhilDavidAlexanderMorris PhilDavidAlexanderMorris, 2 years ago
    I think this was the box and graphics from the very late 40's on to the 60's. My parents had one, they must have bought in Niagara Falls in around 53 !~