Shirley Temple Bed Warmer

In Glassware > Show & Tell and Movies > Show & Tell.
Glassware3249 of 4695double Pickle canister with cut glassGREEN DEPRESSION GLASS

jimborascojimborasco loves this.
bratjddbratjdd loves this.

parealtor313

Hi
I have had this sitting for a number of years and have attempted to identify the age, year it was made and the value. I haven't had any luck.
I have researched numerous items on the blue Shirley Temple glasses but can't find out anything on the bed warmer.
I would appreciate any information anyone has on this.
When was it made? If I can't find information about it does that mean there weren't many produced?
Thanks f or your information.
Have a great day!
There are no cracks or nicks in this bottle. The cap(lid) is silver and metal in color. There appears to be no water stains inside the glass bottle or the cap.

Mystery Solved

Comments

1. Manikin Manikin, 3 years ago
    Shirley Temple glass ware was made by Hazel-Atlas in 30's Very neat piece. I have never seen one and have collected Shirley Temple for many many yrs . I can not tell if it is an original or repro as many repro's have flooded market . When you hold a repro there are some clues . Many times blue is darker and other subtle changes . There is something about her face that just seems different than images on other glassware of her image . I have a set of breakfasts posted if you look the faces seem different . If vintage I would say it is pretty rare !!
  2. stefdesign stefdesign, 3 years ago
    A big clue that this is modern is the typeface. Brush Modern was invented in 1942, well after the Shirley Temple craze. The older Shirley collectibles used what looked to be a signature, not a font. The artwork is also very simplified, unlike the originals. I've never seen a Shirley bed-warmer, it could be very recent, or produced in the 50s or 60s when Shirley had a resurgence in popularity. But it's definitely not from the '30s.
  3. Manikin Manikin, 3 years ago
    I am agreeing Stef the face is wrong , glad you saw that also :-) I am thinking a repro and modern from 1980's to present ?
  4. Manikin Manikin, 3 years ago
    Tallcakes can solve this one I am sure for you :-)
  5. TallCakes TallCakes, 3 years ago
    lol Manikin! I've never seen a bed warmer like this. But what I can say from a bit of Internet sleuthing is that the S.T. image used and the color of the glass do seem to be consistent with that of Summit Art Glass Co. from the 1980s. Try a google image search for: Summit Glass Shirley Temple
  6. Manikin Manikin, 3 years ago
    Tallcakes Thanks for input . I sure never saw anything like it but it looked wrong to me and Stef . I guess we all agree this is a repro and made as some kind of novelty . in recent yrs . Maybe a do yourself with a old bed warmer as the face image and printing is not done well at all . ?
  7. TallCakes TallCakes, 3 years ago
    I agree it looks like a fairly recent import possibly. Alto' the image is about the same as used by Summit it doesn't seem to be the same quality.
  8. Paul71 Paul71, 3 years ago
    The decals on the old Shirley Temple pieces are composed of many tiny dots that allowed for shading. This piece is definitely a reproduction.