Iver Johnson 22 Supershot Nine Shot Pistol

In Military and Wartime > World War Two > Show & Tell.
World War Two632 of 973Your In The Army Now or Is It Navy NowWWII US NAVY/ US MARINE CORPS Pacific Theater flight helmet & goggles

fortapachefortapache loves this.
fhrjr2fhrjr2 loves this.
huntwitchhuntwitch loves this.
toolate2toolate2 loves this.
kerry10456kerry10456 loves this.
officialfuelofficialfuel loves this.

ttomtucker

My grandfather had this Iver Johnson 9 shot pistol. I'm not sure of the year it was manufactured, but my guess is in 1940's. It was manufactured my Iver Johnson's Arms & Cycle Works Fitchburg, Mass.
It has a number stamped on the trigger guard #16346.

Comments

1. ttomtucker ttomtucker, 3 years ago
  2. ttomtucker ttomtucker, 3 years ago
  3. ttomtucker ttomtucker, 3 years ago
  4. ttomtucker ttomtucker, 3 years ago
  5. blair blair, 3 years ago
    hey did so research try it i got from yahoo answers

It really depends on the model and the maker. Some are printed or stamped right on the gun in plain view. Others, you might have to look up online or ask an expert. At the same time, guns like the Colt M1911 .45 pistol or the Browning M1919 Machine gun have the year right in the name! (M1911 was made in 1911, the M1919 was made in 1919). If you need help finding the year of any specific guns, or if you need any other questions involving guns answerd, you can reach me at nat040496@gmail.com.
    I WILL block spammers and people who send me worthless nonsence, but if you have a question about anything involving any kind of firearm or anything involving the US Military, I'm your man
  6. flyrr100, 3 years ago
    M1911, and M1919 refer to 'model' years. You can still buy a M1911 hand gun today.
  7. Pop_abides Pop_abides, 3 years ago
    Nice pistol ttom, I have my fathers nine shot .22 but I din't think it is the same brand, guess Ill have to check it just the same....Hasn't been fired in at least 30 years.
  8. fhrjr2 fhrjr2, 3 years ago
    Actually the supershot was made in two versions. One a 7 shot and the other a 9 shot. The serial number on a supershot is under the grips on the left side and has a letter before the number.

However, your number from the trigger guard doesn't mean much. You really need the serial number & letter to establish age. Average value of a first model with a four digit serial number right now today is $150 t0 $250.
  9. ttomtucker ttomtucker, 3 years ago
    fhrjr2, i will check under the grips
  10. ttomtucker ttomtucker, 2 years ago
    fhrjr2, the serial number is K 16346
  11. TRIKER TRIKER, 2 years ago
    I have a "H&R SPORTSMAN" nine shot 22. long rifle CTG. What is the CTG? Made by Harrington and Richardson Arms Co. Serial #88343. ( The CTG could be CTC. Poorly stamped) My father gave it to me a couple years ago. His father gave it to him in 1960 and he didn't know how old it was then. Any help on the age/history of this one? Not interested in the value. To me it's priceless! But it would be interesting to know it's worth.
  12. ttomtucker ttomtucker, 2 years ago
  13. ttomtucker ttomtucker, 2 years ago
  14. ttomtucker ttomtucker, 2 years ago
  15. fhrjr2 fhrjr2, 2 years ago
    The numbers match up as they should and the letter K indicates Your revolver was manufactured in 1932, with approximately 4,900 produced that year.

16. ttomtucker ttomtucker, 2 years ago
    fhrj2 Thank you for the information
  17. SteveStack, 1 year ago
    My father passed away back in 2006. He left his 9 shot Super Shot to me. I remember my mom back in the 50's shooting at weasles who were trying to get in the henhouse. I really miss those days. I'll be 63 myself this year.