Bachelor Button Flower Valentine Postcard

In Postcards > Valentines Day Postcards > Show & Tell.
Valentines Day Postcards7 of 17Valentines Postcard-Hearts & LaceValentine Postcard

AmberRoseAmberRose loves this.
wolcott1wolcott1 loves this.
packrat-placepackrat-place loves this.
HedgewalkerHedgewalker loves this.
walksoftlywalksoftly loves this.
officialfuelofficialfuel loves this.

BeauxPurdy

In Victorian times, everyone was well versed in what is called the language of flowers. Every flower has a special meaning and any bouquet given was chosen carefully by flower type to convey the
correct meaning. If you are planning to send or give flowers for Valentine's Day, you might consider the various types and meanings before selection. For instance, the Anemone is symbolic
of unfading love, the aster of love's preference, the azalea means take care of yourself for me, fragile passion and is the Chinese symbol of womanhood. The bachelor button means celibacy, the bluebell means humility and constancy, and baby's breath is everlasting love.

Comments

1. walksoftly walksoftly, 3 years ago
    You are well versed in all things Valentine, nice PC's Beaux!
  2. BeauxPurdy BeauxPurdy, 3 years ago
    Thank-You Walksoftly, These are some of the postcards I found in my Grandmothers attic. I was trying to sort thru them and just started wondering what all the images stood for. Then as its almost Valentines Day, well, the timing seemed appropriate to post! I wish I had saved more of her postcards. The Easter one are my favorites!
  3. BeauxPurdy BeauxPurdy, 3 years ago
    wolcott1
    PhilDavidAlexanderMorris
    packrat-place
    BELLIN68
    Hedgewalker
    officialfuel
    THANK-YOU!
  4. AmberRose AmberRose, 3 years ago
    Beaux, is there a good chart of meanings somewhere? I would hate to send the wrong message next week!
  5. BeauxPurdy BeauxPurdy, 3 years ago

This one has a list that is from Victorian Age, maybe a tad outdated!
    I'm excited for spring, flowers are my love, and the vases I put them in too.
    Happy Valentines Day!
  6. AmberRose AmberRose, 3 years ago
    Basil is hate?? Geez I love pesto...
    Thanks for the site Beaux, I always love this stuff. Hope you are doing well.
  7. vetraio50 vetraio50, 10 months ago