Posted 1 year ago
The following bottles were discovered in a closed off craw space in my home about five years. Three years Ago when we remoldeled I was able to retrieve them, they have since been stored the same very old wooden crate that i found them. I've finally gotton around to research some and believe the era of these bottles are from 1930's - 1940's. They are Soda, Water and Beer Beverage bottles all from Brooklyn, New York, New York City and one from Lynbrook, Long Island, also one bottle is unmarked with just a symbol. Another bottle say Thos E. Morrissey on it so i wonder if that what was in the bottle. They all have raised embossed names and or logo's. They are as follows:
Bottles from Left to Right (as per photo)
1. OTTO RUBER Brewery, Brooklyn, NY Contents 12 Fl oz. (has a pic. of a circled Anchor - with the letters O to the left and R to the right in the circle
2. Victoria Beverages Inc. New York City Contents 1pt 11oz
3. Lynbrook Bottling Co. Lynbrook, NY Registered – Sym. “LOB” and an elongated half of circle through the letters this bottle also says “THIS BOTTLE IS NEVER SOLE AND MUST BE RETURNED’
4. EDY & FLAKERTY (written in script) 52 boulevard, Long Island City, NY – Registered – Long island City EF symbol and a circled B - PGC
5. RICH F. CANTWELL – 136 ROCHESTER Ave. Brooklyn, ny registered
6. State Bottling Works – 124 Attorney St, NY Registered 1 pint & 11 oz.
7. Unmarked Bottle – symbol on bottom – square with a “o” inside
8. (2) – Meyer bottling Co., Inc – Registered, New York, NY 1pt 13 fl. Oz.
9. Green Bottle – “Flushing Mineral” – Registered, Flushing, NY WATER Co.”
10. Thos . E. Morrissey – 169 Java Street, Brooklyn, NY Registered symbol has a circled TEM 1 pt, 11 oz.
11. “Blood Orange Surprise” Bottle Co., Inc. Woodhaven, NY Registered 1pt 11oz.
12. “SUYDAM Bottling Co” Brooklyn, NY Registered – Capacity 22 oz. Green Bottle
13. (8) F&M Schaefer Brw CCo, New York Registered symbol is a circle with their logo that says "F&M Schaefer Beverage Co., New York, NY "
14. G.B. Seely’s Son, Inc. 319-331 West 15th Street, New york 1p 12 oz., 28 fluid oz. has a symbol it a big letter “S” small B C and a picture of a bartender pouring a bottle on a counter with other bottles around it. Also written Trademark Registered -
15. Plain Greeen Bottle on the bottom “3ON”
16. D.J. Walsh – Far Rockaway, NY 1 pt 11 fl (chipped on bottom)
17. (2) Carl H. Schutlz, “mineral Water” New York – Deposit refund on this bottle
18. US Bottling - 98 Wcyoff Street, Brooklyn, NY contents 1 pint and 11 oz.
19. Unmarked symbol on bottom 3O with < over the circle then another 3 and a large G 6
I think their in pretty good condition considering how old. They just need a cleaning, now how to display them? My husband says TGIF, I think a museum.