Vintage Rhinestone Costume Jewelry Necklace

In Costume Jewelry > Costume Jewelry Necklaces > Show & Tell.
Costume Jewelry Necklaces379 of 555Super unique looking necklace!Gold Tone Reversable Necklace

bratjddbratjdd loves this.
freiheitfreiheit loves this.
kustomkarekustomkare loves this.
thriftfanthriftfan loves this.
BirdieZBirdieZ loves this.
tdvintagecompanytdvintagecompany loves this.
vintagemadvintagemad loves this.
wolcott1wolcott1 loves this.

ThriftyGypsy

This is a necklace I have had for several years. My mom gave it to me and she could not remember where she got it. It is an unusual necklace that measures 29" long closed, and 59" long when open and stretched out. It is made of beads that have 6 rhinestones in each bead and the workmanship is excellent. Each bead is very detailed and has holders for the rhinestones made in to them. The necklace looks old, but there are not any markings anywhere on it. I am hoping that someone on here can tell me a little bit about it. I know nothing ! I will appreciate any comments or suggestions. Thanks for looking. Thrifty Gypsy

Comments

1. Manikin Manikin, 3 years ago
    Beautiful and unusual ! Love it and would wear it today :-) At first glance I thought India made but after looking closer ?????? anyway it is nice :-)
  2. ThriftyGypsy ThriftyGypsy, 3 years ago
    Thanks Manikin for the love and the comments. I really appreciate them. Someone else mentioned India when I showed it to them. Thanks, ThriftyGypsy
  3. wolcott1, 3 years ago
    A beauty, Thrifty Gypsy!
  4. ThriftyGypsy ThriftyGypsy, 3 years ago
    Thanks wolcott1 for the love !
  5. ThriftyGypsy ThriftyGypsy, 3 years ago
    Thanks BirdieZ for the love !
  6. ThriftyGypsy ThriftyGypsy, 3 years ago
    Thanks vintagemad for the love !
  7. ThriftyGypsy ThriftyGypsy, 3 years ago
    Thanks tdvintagecompany for the love !
  8. ThriftyGypsy ThriftyGypsy, 3 years ago
    Thanks BirdieZ for the love !
  9. ThriftyGypsy ThriftyGypsy, 3 years ago
    Thanks thriftfan for the love ! Thriftygypsy
  10. ThriftyGypsy ThriftyGypsy, 3 years ago
    Thanks kustomkare for the love !
  11. Agram.m Agram.m, 2 years ago
    Here is all I can tell you about it.
    Indeed a very unusual and beautiful necklace. I must admit I din't see one like this before. During the 50's consumer demand for rhinestones soared as soared women sought to copy the latest look of their favorite Hollywood stars. At the top end of the market Dior, Schiaparelli, Eisenberg and other great names in fashion desgined high-quality pieces aimed at a waelthy clientile. More affordable versions were produced such as Lisner, Corocraft. Chipped or replaced rhinestones can affect the value of rhinestone jewelry.
    The fact that there are holders for the Rhinestones at the very least, in my view points to the fact that this neckalce must be made at least made of silver. That I can't see from a photo of course. Perhaps you could ask a juweler or gold smith what kind of metal the beads are made? But I date this necklace around the 50's.
  12. ThriftyGypsy ThriftyGypsy, 2 years ago
    Thank you so much Agram.m for the helpful information. I know alot more now then I did before! Thank you for your help in checking out my necklace. I knew you would be able to shed some light on this. Thanks again for sharing your knowledge here on Collectors Weekly. Thrifty
  13. ThriftyGypsy ThriftyGypsy, 2 years ago
    Thanks Manikin for the love! Thrifty
  14. ThriftyGypsy ThriftyGypsy, 10 months ago
    Thanks bratjdd and freiheit for the love! Thrifty