Some Of My Metal Detector Finds Over The Years

In US Coins > Washington Quarters > Show & Tell and US Coins > Two Cent Pieces > Show & Tell.
Washington Quarters8 of 91992 D US quarter with mint "sandwich" error1965 us quarter no copper plain edge 5.5gr

aghcollectaghcollect loves this.
BudekBudek loves this.
walksoftlywalksoftly loves this.
kerry10456kerry10456 loves this.
fhrjr2fhrjr2 loves this.
nascaronmain.comnascaronmain.com loves this.

packrat-pl…

As I have previously shared, I have been an avid metal detectorist since the early seventies. I was president of a metal detecting club in Corpus Christi, Texas, called the Exploration Society, back in the 1970's. More recently I was secretary and one of the hunt site researchers for a club in Kerrville, Texas.
I thought I would share some of my finds here today. These are mostly quarters with a 1952 Franklin half, and two Civil War era two cent pieces.
Hope you enjoy them

Comments

1. fhrjr2 fhrjr2, 3 years ago
    I am partial to a white's detector but also use Garrett. I learned the hard way, long ago to never show anything I found unless it was worthless. I could only show bottle caps and old pull tabs. Although I do have a shoe button hook.

Thanks for sharing.
  2. PhilDavidAlexanderMorris PhilDavidAlexanderMorris, 3 years ago
    I was interested in the detectors back in the early seventies also, and I bought every magazine and treasure hunting issue that I could. I never did buy a metal detector, though, and always regretted it I think ! I am glad I suppose I never did or I probably would have been out there every day. I did buy one of those little machines that used positive diodes in some simple solution and it worked extremely well, but there are cheap methods too, like a small piece of aluminum and calgon worked miracles. Phil.
  3. packrat-place packrat-place, 3 years ago
    Thank you very much BELLIN68 , nascaronmain.com, fhrjr2, kerry10456, walksoftly , PhilDavidAlexanderMorris, Budek , tlmbaran & officialfuel for the love. Thank you BELLIN68 for the kind words. I have used many different brands over the years, White's, Fisher, Bounty Hunter & Garrett. I am now using a Tesoro, it is a great coin hunter.
    fhrjr2, There really isn't any real value here, just to me. Did you get something stolen?
  4. packrat-place packrat-place, 3 years ago
  5. fhrjr2 fhrjr2, 3 years ago
    Nothing lost or stolen, confiscated by the government. Treasure Trove laws. You may find it but the state or federal government can claim it as theirs if they find out. Best policy is to swear you found nothing then give up your bottle caps if they insist.
  6. packrat-place packrat-place, 3 years ago
    I am truely sorry to hear that, probably many years of hard work and countless sums of your own money lost.
  7. fhrjr2 fhrjr2, 3 years ago
    I guess a lesson learned is a lesson earned. Nobody even knows I own or ever used a metal detector now. Had I found what I was looking for and then lost that it would have been VERY painful. The mid west prairies are full of treasures, some lost forever, some waiting to be found. All a challenge.
  8. packrat-place packrat-place, 3 years ago
    fhrjr2 my friend, all I can say is if you ever decide to pursue another undertaking, I wish you the very best of luck, because I like stories with a happy ending.
  9. packrat-place packrat-place, 3 years ago
    Thank you very much pickingupbones & MooreAntique for visiting.
  10. packrat-place packrat-place, 3 years ago
  11. packrat-place packrat-place, 3 years ago
    Thank you very much michelleamieux for the love.
  12. packrat-place packrat-place, 7 months ago
    Thank you very much jjsr...