CHINESE? JAPANESE? SILVER SPOONS

In Sterling Silver > Sterling Silver Spoons > Show & Tell and Sterling Silver > Chinese Sterling Silver > Show & Tell.
Sterling Silver Spoons135 of 179native spoonMy "new" antique Tea strain spoon, silver, commemorating what?

PadmeLupinPadmeLupin loves this.
aghcollectaghcollect loves this.
aeonaeon likes this.
lisalisa likes this.
Agram.mAgram.m loves this.
peteypetey loves this.
ozmartyozmarty loves this.
antiquefreak66antiquefreak66 loves this.
BirdieZBirdieZ loves this.

inky

I just love these four beautiful little silver spoons, not sure whether they are Chinese or Japanese and I have no idea how old they are, but! I am guessing possibly 'Art Nouveau' with their design. They look to be hand made as each one is slightly different. If anyone could tell me the mark , I have looked on the usual silver sites but I can't find anything that looks like this mark. Would love some help if any one can. Many thanks!

Comments

1. toracat toracat, 2 years ago
    Hi inky, I do not think it is Japan they used jungin mark 1868-1912. (see my Japanese silver military cup) I do not think China, but maybe Korea, just a thought! toracat
  2. inky inky, 2 years ago
    Thank you toracat I shall do some research in that direction!...:-)
  3. toracat toracat, 2 years ago
    inky my friend says they say "PEACE" heian in Japanese but she said could be Chinese, very old handmade, bamboo on stem, toracat
  4. inky inky, 2 years ago
    Can she give me an idea on how old maybe?.. Thank you toracat!.....:-)
  5. toracat toracat, 2 years ago
    If they are Japanese they would be before 1868, The older characters she can not read. My Japanese cup has a name she can not read also and it is Jungin, I have it posted. She thought they were really beautiful, she really loved the bamboo stems and dragonflies. I am jealous! toracat
  6. jwl8424, 1 year ago
    Hi,
    This is Chinese silver, The hallmark is marker.
  7. inky inky, 1 year ago
    Many thanks jwl8424...any idea of age?...:-)
  8. inky inky, 1 year ago
    Many thanks antiquefreak66 ~ BirdieZ ~ petey ~ BELLIN68 and ozmarty sorry for the belated appreciation!...:-)