Apache Indian Basket

In Native American > Native American Baskets > Show & Tell.
Native American Baskets157 of 160OLD LARGE NATIVE AMERICAN BASKETmy native american basket

Moonstonelover21Moonstonelover21 loves this.
lambertkhlambertkh loves this.
aeonaeon likes this.
michelleamieuxmichelleamieux loves this.
Tlynnie1942Tlynnie1942 loves this.
Sanddollar1954Sanddollar1954 loves this.
ChadakoinChadakoin loves this.

jennak

I was just wondering if anyone could tell me from the pics what date or time period and also possible value?
My research shows it has unusual pattern..the ruler shows approx width of basket.Any information would be extremely helpful.
Thanks

Comments

1. Sanddollar1954, 3 years ago
    This is a great piece,,,,,,,do some more research before selling it, these basket are extremely desireable today.
    Last one I sold in similar condition but not as nice I got 900.00 for it. I'm thinking yours is 1,000+......Hope I'm right, regards, Larry
    GREAT PICK!!!!!!!!!!
  2. jennak, 3 years ago
    Thanks Sanddollar..that helps immensely to know that this is a valued piece of art from the Native American Apache Tribes..what was the history on the piece you sold..what time period was it created ect...how big was that basket?
    If you know someone who is an expert in the field please pass a name along and contact info.
    Thanks again.
    JK
  3. PAT NAVRATIL, 3 years ago
    I HAVE COLLECTED STUDIED AND APPRAISED NATIVE BASKETS FOR THIRTY YEARS. I CAN APPAISE THIS BASKET BUT NEED ALL DIMENSIONS. PRINT TOO SMALL ON TE RULER FR THESE OLD EYES!
  4. jennak, 3 years ago
    To Pat:The basket is approx 16 1/2 in in diameter by apprx 4 in depth..it definitely is not the flat tray type..thanks I appreciate anything you can tell me..it has been in family for over 40+ years..so just not sure of the original time period it was created.
  5. PAT NAVRATIL, 3 years ago
    THIS WHITE MOUNTAIN APACHE BASKET IS MUCH OLDER THAN 40 YRS! THE SYMBOLISM IS FANTASTIC, THE WEAVING TIGHT. FROM THE PICS I CANNOT DETECT ANY BREAKAGE OR FADING...IF THESE ARE PRESENT YOUR VALUE WOULD BE SIGNIFICANTLY LESS. THIS IS A PIECE WHICH BETTER GALLERIES WOULD LOVE. MY VALUATION SHOULD BE CONFIDENTIAL SO YOU HAVE MY PERMISSION TO E MAIL ME AT PADDYS@PAULBUNYAN.NET.
  6. Joyce Lemke, 3 years ago
    I have a Yanomimi gathering basket. ca. 18th or early 1900's 17in. in diameter,
    5 inches deep. It has fringes around the sides. I have a San Juan grain wahing basket, 16in diameter 4 and 1/2 in deep. Both are in great condition. Any idea what thet are worth. I also have a Zuni Tonto polychrome Olla aabout 17 n tall.
  7. Tlynnie1942 Tlynnie1942, 2 years ago
    Wow, you have a really amazing basket there. That is what every collector hopes to find someday. I am jealous....