Posted 5 years ago
This real photo postcard (RPPC) shows "downtown" Bovina Texas in 1913.
The town was established as Bull Town in 1898 with a railroad switch to help cowboys unload feed for cattle. The post office was established in 1899 and the name was changed to Bovina.
In 1913 (when this image was taken) the town had grown to a Main Street with businesses. By 1915, the population numbered about 200.
The back of the postcard has an early town postmark that confirms the inked date on the front.
Reproduction of this image in any form is not authorized.
Thanks for looking.