Posted 5 years ago
Porcelain Bohemian cup and saucer made by Christian Fischer factory, Pirkenhammer, Bohemia – Austria. Hand painted St Joseph and Jesus Christ. Impressed mark on the bottom "CF", 1846 – 1859.
Christian Fischer was the predecessor of the present Pirkenhammer Porcelain Company. The CF mark was used between 1846 and 1857.
He trained at the National Manufactory in Sèvres, France and became the only owner in 1848. The factory was sold in 1859 to his son Rudolph and son-in law Ludwig von Mieg and after 1859 the mark was F & M. Those transactions within the family help very exact dating.