Old Soldier Cigar Tobacco Coupons. Backs scanned now .

In Tobacciana > Show & Tell and Advertising > Show & Tell.
Tobacciana1241 of 1998Nude Woman In hand made AshtrayBRIAR PIPE WITH COVER

ttomtuckerttomtucker loves this.
bratjddbratjdd loves this.
packrat-placepackrat-place loves this.
kerry10456kerry10456 loves this.
trgrubaughtrgrubaugh loves this.
mrmajestic1mrmajestic1 loves this.

Manikin

These are framed and I did not take frame apart to see what was on back side of them . I am not sure what these are . My research has gotten me no place . I am guessing they came in a pail and maybe could be used to buy items at a commissary or a store ? I also am assuming they are from WWII or depression. This is one for you Military experts if you can tell me what you used these for and were they just given to Military ? Please excuse backgrounds as this is our storage shed from when we had a booth at an antique store and I am trying to sort through it all :-)

I looked late last night at backs and the Cigar coupons did give good prizes as listed on back of coupons . Backs are scanned now and 3 cents postage is only means to date and they were used from
First Class postage rate was 3 cents in the US from July 3 1932 to August 1, 1958

Mystery Solved

Comments

1. Manikin Manikin, 3 years ago
    Thank you Bellin and Mrmaj !
  2. Manikin Manikin, 3 years ago
    Thank you ttomm and trgrubaughh :-) any idea's on what these are :-) They are cool but I may have to risk damaging them if I try to get out of frame they are in there with a lot of backing and old tape holding them in frame .
  3. Manikin Manikin, 3 years ago
  4. trgrubaugh trgrubaugh, 3 years ago
    I would guess its a commissary or something related to the Great Depression. I wouldn't open it. But I am not good at that kind of thing. Have you contacted a base commissary? not sure that they would know, but they might
  5. Manikin Manikin, 3 years ago
    Thanks Trgru :-) I agree it is to risky to open . My son just got out service but I would have to ask a old timer from I would guess depression But doubt ay are alive to ask :-( Thanks for your thoughts on them it helps :-)
  6. mrmajestic1 mrmajestic1, 3 years ago
    I found a Scotten Dillon Company listed as tobacco mfgs., and a interesting item here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/1909-Scotten-Dillon-Company-Tobacco-Tin-Half-Coupon-HTF-/170563564044
  7. Manikin Manikin, 3 years ago
    Thanks MrMaj ! that seems to be a start . I wonder why mine is named Old Soldier Pail Coupon ? This gives me a start to reseach . I may have to see if I can some how not damage them to see backs . Well I had a Cigar girl last week and now maybe something to do with Cigars again ? I sure appreciate your time looking I was at a dead end till now :-) Thank you Thank you !
  8. Manikin Manikin, 3 years ago
    Thank you Mrmaj and AR . I can say this is solved and that in combination with I took them out of frame at 1 AM last night to see backs . It lists all the gifts but also says with your pail of Tobacco. Wow a pail of tobacco . They are not dated .
    Again thanks for the help !
  9. trgrubaugh trgrubaugh, 3 years ago
    oh good glad you got it figured out. Glad you were able to get them out of the frame intact.
  10. mrmajestic1 mrmajestic1, 3 years ago
    That pail of tobacco would go well with the pail of beer you could buy at the corner saloon.
  11. Manikin Manikin, 3 years ago
    LOL mrmaj :-) I guess if they sold a pail of tobacco a pail of moonshine would go with it . May as well go for the total health of your body and increase the funeral directors business too ! Gee maybe he owned it :-)
  12. Manikin Manikin, 3 years ago