ANTIQUE GERMAN DOLL

In Dolls > German Dolls > Show & Tell.
German Dolls56 of 124Anyone know who makes this babydoll german bisque doll/ victorian lace/sherman bracelet/old thread etc

miKKoChristmas11miKKoChristmas11 loves this.

joell123

ANTIQUE GERMAN DOLL ANY INFO ON THIS DOLL IT HAS A LEAD TAG ON ONE SIDE IT SAYS GES GESCH AND ON THE OTHER SIDE IS IN CURSIVE I CANT READ WHAT IT SAYS THE MATERIAL IS LIKE A FELT BUT IT FEELS RUBBERY WHEN YOU SQUEEZE IT ITS ABOUT 7 INCHES LONG

Comments

1. Manikin Manikin, 2 years ago
    Ges. (Gesch): A mark used on some German dolls to indicate the design is registered or patented. Can you photo the cursive writing ?
  2. joell123, 2 years ago
    It wont show up on the camera but it looks like it says ringl or rinyl but i cant tell I am pretty sure it starts with Rin the other letters are hard to tell thanks for your help
  3. Manikin Manikin, 2 years ago
    He is charming he reminds me of a Annalee doll . I will try and ID him later today ok . or if someone else wants to step in please . I have some work to do right :-(
  4. joell123, 2 years ago
  5. nancyv, 2 years ago
    The doll was made by Elli Riehl of Austria. She was born in 1907 and died around 1975. She has a museum in a small town in Austria and her dolls are very popular in Europe.
  6. nancyv, 2 years ago
    This artist's work can be seen on this website: http://www.nationalcostumedolls.com/elliriehl.htm
  7. Manikin Manikin, 2 years ago
    Very interesting . Thanks nancy for sharing this info . I could not name maker but I have thankfully learned from you today ! Appreciate it and I am sure Joell does too .
  8. nancyv, 2 years ago
    This artist does such beautiful work. Her fabric dolls bring a smile to my face. She only made 700, I understand. There was never a doubt that is was one of hers.
  9. Manikin Manikin, 2 years ago
    Her dolls must be very hard to find Nancy , Are you in Europe ?
  10. nancyv, 2 years ago
    No, Im a miniaturist in Florida. A friend of mine has a few of them and they appeal to me. These vignettes by Elli cross over into my area. Her dolls appear every once in a while in the states, but usually unidentified. They do show up on European auction market.
  11. Manikin Manikin, 2 years ago
    Nancy They are precious and I still see a lot of the whimsy of Annalee dolls in them . I would like to find one someday . I sure appreciate your info !
  12. nancyv, 2 years ago
    I spoke to my friend and didn't make something clear. There are 700 different dolls and a limited number of each. So there are potentially more available on the open market than 700 dolls. She has one that is documented 350/500.