1934 DIONE QUINTETE MAGAZINE ILLUSTRATION

miKKoChristmas11miKKoChristmas11 loves this.
trgrubaughtrgrubaugh loves this.
AmberRoseAmberRose loves this.
bratjddbratjdd loves this.
mammimammi loves this.

dewitt1031

TO THE BEST OF MY MEMORY A NEW YORK MAGAZINE OR PAPER PUBLISHED THIS REGARDING THE BIRTH OF THE DIONE QUINTETS
THE ILLUSTRATORS SIGNATURE APPEARS INTHE LOWER LEFT HAND CORNER OF IMAGE # 2
I WOULD TAKE IT OUT OF THE FRAME BUT I FEAR OF DAMAGING THE PAPER
I THINK THIS IS AN ACTUAL PAGE FROM THE ARTICLE
ANY INFORMATION REGARDING WHO THE ILLUSTRATOR IS AND WHO PUBLISHED IT WOULD BE APPRECIATED
THANKS
BILL

Comments

1. vetraio50 vetraio50, 2 years ago
    C. Twelvetrees?

It seems there are two C Twelvetrees who both painted playful, chubby-cheeked kids.
    Charles R. Twelvetrees (abt. 1907 - ????) . Charles R. was known for a series called the "Twelvetrees Kids." Did work for Pictorial Review, Collier's & Capper's Farmer. Cards for Bergman Co.

Charles H. Twelvetrees (1888-1948) was an American postcard illustrator, and drew a comic strip about a duck called "Johnny Quack" for the New York Herald from 1909 to 1911.

Some think there is only one person. A mystery?
  2. dewitt1031 dewitt1031, 2 years ago
    Dear Vetraio 50,
    Based upon the illustration depicted in doina-touchinghearts,blog , 5th post card down, this appears to be the illustrator.
    Again,
    Thanks Bill
  3. vetraio50 vetraio50, 2 years ago
    Hi Bill.
    There are some others further down the page that remind me of Alfred E Neuman, too!
  4. dewitt1031 dewitt1031, 2 years ago
    Amazing likness
    I was not aware that they had the printing technology in 1934 that was depicted in my post
    It is an actual cutout page from the magazine
  5. mikielikesigns2 mikielikesigns2, 2 years ago
    Say, how did u get ahold of my baby pictures?
  6. dewitt1031 dewitt1031, 2 years ago
    Based upon photo your poor mother had a row to hoe LOL
  7. PhilDavidAlexanderMorris PhilDavidAlexanderMorris, 1 year ago
    There was a woman from Regina, Saskatchewan who had one of the largest Dionne Collections, I took a tour of her house and also a bus she made into a travelling museum. Bet she would know, not sure if I still have her address.