'BRACKLEY DENE' CONTENTS AUCTION

In Books > Auction Catalogs > Show & Tell.
Auction Catalogs1 of 2i have this m.m catologue is there any value in them i think there out of print now..regards sonia uki have this m.m catologue is there any value in them i think there out of print now..regards sonia uk

PhilDavidAlexanderMorrisPhilDavidAlexanderMorris loves this.

inky

When I was England years ago I was lucky enough to go to a to the above, entire house contents auction. It was held over two days in a huuuge! marquee which was set up in a part of it's fabulous grounds, a friend and I sat with our picnic lunches for the entire two day auction. It was a once in a life time experience for me and I loved every single second of it.

There where wealthy phone bidders from all over the world and on site, as well as hundreds of people like myself with limited funds.

There was the most amazing 'stuff' going up for auction, viewing the contents and walking around this amazing house on the open days was an amazing experience, I shall never forget I went to every single one of them and then never really had time to look at everything or appreciated most of it.

I sat down at the start of the auction nervously with my list and purse! in hand ready to bid, but I never stood a chance the prices went thought the roof! I obviously had good taste as everything I wanted everybody else wanted much more than I did.

I managed to get a few things that I love to bits and think now! that I was very lucky to get. They were things that I had never viewed, I know not a good move, but I did ok! I would like to share over the coming days these items.

The fourth photo gives a brief history about the family and house.

Thank you for looking.

Comments

1. inky inky, 2 years ago
    Thank you BELLIN68!.... I passed on that marble group, it was a tad! to big for our living room!....:-)
  2. PhilDavidAlexanderMorris PhilDavidAlexanderMorris, 2 years ago
    I love big marbles, my mother always said to " go for all the marbles " and at this sale I would have loved to see this go up. I think auctions are a lot of fun and as I type this I am going to bid on another coat of arms. But just waiting for the phone call, rarely do I stay in person anymore. When I bought my large marble I got carried away, I went to see it and bid by phone from my hotel as it went up. Phil.
  3. inky inky, 2 years ago
    Hello Phil!.... Thank you for your lovely comment....your marbles are fabulous! and I know exactly what you mean about being there, everything I really would have liked just went through the roof, and I just gave up, but!!! when the last item I wanted came up I just kept going and out bid everyone else. A bitter sweet item. Luckily time has caught up with what I paid, hopefully any way....:-) Lots of luck with your 'new coat of arms', I will keep my fingers crossed for you....Penelope.
  4. clc25, 2 years ago
    Came across your post and had to sign up just to comment on this. Were you aware that Brackley Dene has ties to New Zealand? Althans Blackell made his money working for NC Reading and co as he married Agnes Reading who was from a Jewellery making family. Her uncle John Brown Reading was one of the first settlers in New Zealand. I descend from the family and would love to see more of the catalog if you have it. Not familiar with this site is there a way to contact each other privatley?
  5. inky inky, 2 years ago
    Hello clc25 thank you for all this wonderful information I am thrilled that you have contacted me!..:-)