100 years PLUS OLD CROCHET BEDSPREAD

In Rugs and Textiles > Bedspreads > Show & Tell.
Bedspreads5 of 17Recent Kringloop FindsVINTAGE LACE BEDSPREAD

aeonaeon likes this.
AmberRoseAmberRose loves this.
epson233epson233 loves this.
KathycatKathycat loves this.
spiritinthesky3spiritinthesky3 loves this.
officialfuelofficialfuel loves this.
junkmanjoejunkmanjoe loves this.
miKKoChristmas11miKKoChristmas11 loves this.

inky

This beautiful hand crochet and 'large double' bedspread was one of the purchases that I managed to make at the Bracckley Dene Contents auction, and I believe it to be well over a hundred years old....... I wish I had also got the brass bed that it was on. (Shown in and on photo four)

The last photo and it's provenance is from the catalogue that I posted a couple of days ago.

IT IS!! one of my most prised and loved possessions, I love it to bits! When I bid on it I had not viewed it and was very pleased when I eventually got it! It is in perfect condition with not a brake in it, and it is very heavy!

It is a great size! as you can see shown in the photo, it covers our queen size bed well, with plenty to spare to hang over the sides.

Unfortunately I have it packed away as I don't have anywhere at the moment to display it, and I am a bit worried about it being eaten by moths and silverfish, any advice would be appreciated.

Thank you for looking.....:-)

Comments

1. inky inky, 2 years ago
    Many thanks BELLIN68!.....{:-)
  2. inky inky, 2 years ago
    Hello scandinavian_pieces! and thank you......No it was perfect not a brake anywhere! and I agree about the work, can you imagine how long this would have taken to do, I just love the thought of a person sitting there, carefully, lovingly doing this! all those years ago! and now I have it....:-).. it gives me goosebumps! Did you read the little bit of history about this family that was in the auction catalogue, I posted photos a few days ago.
  3. inky inky, 2 years ago
    Thank you!...miKKoChristmas11 - Manikin - vetraio50.....:-)
  4. inky inky, 2 years ago
    Thank you vetraio50 & junkmanjoe... sorry! for late T.Y......:-)
  5. inky inky, 2 years ago
    Many thanks officialfuel....:-)
  6. AmberRose AmberRose, 2 years ago
    So pretty Inky! You almost want to frame it.
  7. inky inky, 2 years ago
    Thank you AmberRose, yes! I agree! if it wasn't so heavy and largeI would frame it, I have had over the back of a chair once or twice!!....:-)
  8. Kathycat Kathycat, 2 years ago
    OH WOW!!!! I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT!!!! IT IS JUST SO BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!
  9. inky inky, 2 years ago
    Thank you Kathycat for your love and lovely comment sorry for acknowledgement!...:-)
  10. epson233 epson233, 1 year ago
    this is just super beautiful inky -- was looking for a replacement in bedspreads and your posting showed up - so thought i would take a peak -- have a great week