Posted 2 years ago
Western Clock Mfg. Co. was incorporated in 1888
In 1908, the board of directors resolved to change the company name to Western Clock Co. (but not approved until 1912).
In 1910 the trade mark "Westclox" first appeared.
In 1916 the trade mark "Westclox" was registered.
In 1936 name was changed to WestcloxDivision of General Time Corp.
July 31, 1942 all non-war production ceased.
1943 The Waralarm in a molded wood fiber case was produced. OPA max. price $1.65. It did not bear the Westclox name. At the bottom of the dial it was marked, MADE IN LA SALLE, ILL. U.S.A.. These clocks used 7 pounds brass per 1000 clocks instead of normal 300 pounds.
This was their inovatve way to produce a clock during the war.
In 1946 plant normal production of all clocks resumed.
Thanks for looking,