coca cola ice chest cooler

In Coca-Cola > Coca Cola Coolers > Show & Tell and Advertising > Coolers > Show & Tell.
Coca Cola Coolers118 of 273Coca Cola CoolerAntique frames from Europe, antique coca0cola mirrors and cooler

WinterWolfWinterWolf loves this.
Chevelleman69Chevelleman69 loves this.
pemberton1886pemberton1886 loves this.
tommy1002tommy1002 loves this.
TreyTrey loves this.
officialfuelofficialfuel loves this.
EJW-54EJW-54 loves this.
packrat-placepackrat-place loves this.
aycockonxionaycockonxion loves this.

fifties50s

When I see this one today at Ciney Retromoteur show I jump on it to buy it, two other guy wanted it too but I was the fastest to buy it.

I'm not sure about this cooler but with it's small size, it looks like a salesman sample, but I'm not sure about it, anyone know something about it ?

the logo and the text is embossed

TempRite Mfg. Co., Inc.
Arkansas city kansas
made in usa
pat applied for

I placed it next to a RC Cola cooler in comparaison

Mystery Solved

Comments

1. Daddy_Nobucks Daddy_Nobucks, 2 years ago
    Nice cooler. Not a salesman sample, small size is for a lunch or 6-pk of bottles. It appears to be similar to a 1958 No. 10 Jr. by manufacturer Acton, located in Arkansas City, Kansas. TempRite may have been a competitor or affiliate, not sure. Anyway, the book lists the Acton item in near mint to mint condition valued at $325. I'm uncertain whether it being made by TempRite affects value. It's a great piece! Hopefully there are some cooler collectors who can fill in the gaps with more info.
  2. fifties50s fifties50s, 2 years ago
    Thanks for your comment and the information, I paid 200 $ for it and I think it's a fair price as we don't see many of this model in Belgium
  3. coke.trevor.cola coke.trevor.cola, 2 years ago
    I'm think it may be a airplane cooler, coca-cola made smaller pinic coolers so you could take them on an airplane.
  4. Daddy_Nobucks Daddy_Nobucks, 2 years ago
    The airline coolers are longer and less deep (if you search for "Coca-Cola airline cooler" on e-Bay you'll see what I mean). This is a 6-pack cooler, I'm pretty sure. Hey fifties, snagged it there in Belgium? Wow! I think you're right about it being a good deal. I searched eBay and could only find repro's selling in the $150-$200 range. Your authentic cooler is a great find, in any country.
  5. fifties50s fifties50s, 2 years ago
    thanks, I checked and I can place two 6-pack inside, I bought it from a guy who has some coke wood crate. I'm always amazed that belgium is a so small country and the quantity of original american items from the 1950's

I went to Los Angeles last year at the long beach antique market and bought a lot of signs and thermometer that were impossible to find here