Dancing lady in pink bowl

In Glassware > Depression Glass > Show & Tell and Art Deco > Show & Tell.
Depression Glass268 of 383fostoria decanters??Interesting find!!

pickrknowspickrknows loves this.
epson233epson233 loves this.
jrfm410jrfm410 loves this.
AmberRoseAmberRose loves this.

Chris2012

What is the story on this one please? My mum (in her life-time) called it the dancing lady bowl! Please let me know all about it.
Thanks
Chris

Comments

1. Manikin Manikin, 2 years ago
    Beautiful stunning Depression glass in art deco ! Love love it . Try googling the work of center pieces by Josef Inwald. He made pieces I have seen similar to yours. The pink depression glass and satin figure in center . I am sure a glass expert on CW will ID it for you .
    Welcome to CW glad to have you with us :-)
  2. jrfm410, 2 years ago
    very beautiful and in Pink! you are very lucky! i would guess and say candlewick because of the bubbles or cambridge because of the elegance :) good luck and i hope you id soon...very nice!
  3. epson233 epson233, 2 years ago
    hi chris -- beautiful -- giving you another possible site to check out -- this one is a european site -- i use quite a bit with the art nouveau/deco pieces

4. pickrknows pickrknows, 2 years ago
    Here's the whole story on your piece, provided to me by a fellow CW poster!
    Gorgeous piece of 1930's Walther & sohn art glass!
  5. pickrknows pickrknows, 2 years ago
    Here's the link provided by inky!!
  6. Pondside, 2 years ago
    I have just finished washing this piece from my own cupboard, with thoughts of taking it to a consignment shop. It was a wedding gift 40 years ago and I believe it came from my aunt's own china cabinet. Does anyone have any idea of its value? It is a piece I've never used, as it doesn't appeal to me.