My Great Aunts wedding Dress from 1919

In Womens Clothing > Wedding Dresses > Show & Tell.
Wedding Dresses6 of 19Belinda Belville GownOld Photo of newlyweds

sarahoffsarahoff loves this.
Moonstonelover21Moonstonelover21 loves this.
musikchoomusikchoo loves this.
mikielikesigns2mikielikesigns2 loves this.
ttomtuckerttomtucker loves this.
AmberRoseAmberRose loves this.
miKKoChristmas11miKKoChristmas11 loves this.
walksoftlywalksoftly loves this.
bratjddbratjdd loves this.
inkyinky loves this.
FloridaTreasuresFloridaTreasures likes this.

Manikin

Beautiful wedding Gown worn by my Great Aunt . They married in 1919 . Behind her are a few of my Grandmothers sister and brother ,there were 12 kids in her family . Sorry the photo has a bit of damage on one sister but I am just glad to have old family photo's
Hope this also helps LaCoursEstate date her wedding dress she posted .
They were poor so I am guessing it was homemade dress .

Comments

1. inky inky, 3 years ago
    This a lovely photo,... they all look sooooo! young! I just love it.....:-)
  2. bratjdd bratjdd, 3 years ago
    I love the Dress!!!
  3. walksoftly walksoftly, 3 years ago
    Fantastic photo, the bride has such big eyes, the dress is quite elaborate, love it.
  4. Manikin Manikin, 3 years ago
    Thank you so much Scandi,inky,and bratjdd !!
  5. Manikin Manikin, 3 years ago
    Walksoft this is Emma it was her much older sister Hannah that started our family branch next door to you in Canada :-) in about 1909 I think that is when you traced them to helping me .
  6. Manikin Manikin, 3 years ago
    Thank you MiKKO !
  7. ThriftyGypsy ThriftyGypsy, 3 years ago
    Hey Manikin, I wouldn't exactly call that a "joyous" occasion, lol, from the looks on their faces ! Looks like everyone was serious about this wedding. Hope everything worked out ok for them !!! Still a great photo, thanks for sharing. TG
  8. AmberRose AmberRose, 3 years ago
    Hi Mani, goodness this is a great photo. Do you know how old the bride is? She looks so young...okay, and maybe not thrilled. I am disappointed that everyone's hair looks so nice. I thought you said this was your family ; ))
  9. Manikin Manikin, 3 years ago
    LOL Amber I will have them mess up their hair :-)
    Thrifty here is dates and they lived a full happy life , The brides other sister married his brother and they also lived a long happy life it was till death do us part for them :-)
    EMMA WILHELMINA4 SCHILLER , was born January
    12, 1898 in Pittsville, WI, and died February 21, 1990 in Moline, IL. She married HERBERT THEODORE
    October 29, 1919 in Pittsville, WI. He was born August 27, 1898 in Clover, VA, and died July
    19, 1988 in Moline, IL.
    Here are the dates of their births and the age they were when they got married . Not that young really Amber.
  10. walksoftly walksoftly, 3 years ago
    They may not have known each other all that much when they got married. The practice of marrying someone you love, is a relatively new concept. It was common practice to marry someone you knew from the community, or a relative (distant hopefully). That could explain the the body language between them, they where both probably nervous as hell.
    It is still a wonderful image & a family treasure.
  11. Manikin Manikin, 3 years ago
    Walksoft I am putting up link to store front they had for many many years . I so loved that store when we passed through . Here is how he looks several years later :-) At their store . I do think your right about not really knowing each other well when married back then ,but one thing I know they loved each other always and it was a happy ending . And also for My Grandma's other sister who married his brother . They were from a very very small town it barely makes it on the map today still . Farmers in a small community :-)
  12. walksoftly walksoftly, 3 years ago
    People took their vows very seriously back then, it's nice to know that they had a happy & long life together.
  13. Manikin Manikin, 1 year ago
    Thank you Phil and Sean ! :- )
  14. SEAN68 SEAN68, 1 year ago
    your very welcome darling!!!!
  15. Moonstonelover21 Moonstonelover21, 1 year ago