30" Playpipe Fire Nozzle

In Firefighting > Fire Extinguishers > Show & Tell.
Fire Extinguishers26 of 107Old Fire Extinguisher --  transitional piece?Foamite Crusader Fire Extinguisher

pickrknowspickrknows loves this.
AmberRoseAmberRose loves this.
SignaholicSignaholic loves this.
officialfuelofficialfuel likes this.
mrmajestic1mrmajestic1 loves this.

tommy1002

This one is for pickerknows!! I thought of you buddy the second I saw this and didn't put it down until the price was right!! I don't know much other than it's a 2 1/2" reducer, the nozzle is 1" ( there were 3 others I'll go back for later) It needs a little polishing, but other than that I think it's ready for service. Open the hydrant and hang on!!!

Comments

1. Signaholic Signaholic, 2 years ago
    Dude you have been busy! I like it
  2. tommy1002 tommy1002, 2 years ago
    Thank you mrmajestic, o'fuel, Perry, Amber,and Bellin!!!
  3. tommy1002 tommy1002, 2 years ago
    Thanks jbcollector!!
  4. pickrknows pickrknows, 2 years ago
    Great find Tommy, nice old nozzle, used very little by the looks of it. Not sure if I would clean it, you would'nt want to get polish on the cord wrap. Looks awesome as is! Used for the" BIG "Fire's, from40 years ago back to the turn/century! As there was no shut-off on these, you were at the mercy of the pump-operator when he charged the line.Too much pressure & you're goin for a "ride"!!
    Nice piece for your collection !
  5. tommy1002 tommy1002, 2 years ago
    Thanks Bernie, I thought you might like it.
  6. pickrknows pickrknows, 2 years ago
    Forgot to mention, the "mancave"is lookin' awesome buddy, nice table too!
  7. tommy1002 tommy1002, 2 years ago
    Thanks again Bernie, If ya ever head south, the Cave is always open the table is set!!
  8. Paulbalentine, 2 years ago
    known as a playpipe, I don't know of anybody ever actually using these for fighting fires but, I'm sure it did happen. These are still used today but mostly for testing building mounted fire pumps (like for a sprinkler system/standpipe system) This nozzle is for 2 1/2" hose. The tip size (1" I believe you said) will flow 209 gallons per minute @ 50psi tip pressure.