Vintage Sunglasses (1960's?)

In Accessories > Sunglasses > Show & Tell.
Sunglasses18 of 25vintage World War ll Aviator sunglassesWillson Goggle Sunglasses/Safety Glasses 1919

tom61375tom61375 loves this.
LaCoursEstateLaCoursEstate loves this.
TimTim loves this.
chinabluechinablue loves this.
joannajoanna likes this.
stefdesignstefdesign loves this.
AmberRoseAmberRose loves this.
vintagemadvintagemad loves this.

Hunter

I dug these sunglasses out of a giant bin of used frames - 5 for $10. I love their retro styling, greenish lenses, and wide, sturdy frame, though I'd really like to know exactly who made them and if they are indeed from the 1960s.

There are no markings on them anywhere, but they have a distinctive joint/hinge at their corners connected with a long screw (almost 1").

Does anyone have a guess as to the maker or era? Thanks!

Comments

1. Hunter Hunter, 3 years ago
    thanks Bellin!
  2. stefdesign stefdesign, 3 years ago
    Ok! I'll guess! I say late '50s! No clue as to their maker tho! They are awesome!
  3. Hunter Hunter, 3 years ago
    thanks stef - it's always nice to have your 2¢!

thanks amberrose & vintagemad for the loves <3
  4. chinablue chinablue, 3 years ago
    I'm with stefdesign on these as to the '50s . I remember my mother with a pair like these.. I can see her now... a pink chiffon scarf covering her hair and tied under her chin riding in the convertible. Talk about bringing back memories! Sorry I don't have any info on maker, but I do love them. Thanks for sharing.
  5. Hunter Hunter, 3 years ago
    thanks chinablue - the older the better in my book! Love that image of your mother as well: I can totally picture it. :)
  6. vetraio50 vetraio50, 2 years ago
    Season's Greetings to you and Yours, Hunter!
    Thanks muchly!
  7. Hunter Hunter, 2 years ago
    Thank you Vetraio, and have a wonderful holiday in the sun down under! :)
  8. tom61375 tom61375, 1 year ago
    Hi hunter, Nice Shades. Do these feel heavy when you wear them, like glass lenses?
  9. Hunter Hunter, 1 year ago
    Thanks Tom -I haven't worn them in months - I'll try this weekend and let ya know!
  10. tom61375 tom61375, 1 year ago
    How are these debonair sun specs treating you? I'm still weighed, measured, and found wanting how they fit. ? LoL =^}
  11. Hunter Hunter, 1 year ago
    heh, they're a little short in the arms (maybe I have a long head?) but they do the job. I love the greenish lens tinting.