Pairpoint reverse painted scenic lamp

In Lamps > Show & Tell.
Lamps1962 of 3544What kind of lamp is this?Old Green Lamp

Vintagecurls14Vintagecurls14 loves this.
smiatasmiata loves this.
guyfrmatlguyfrmatl loves this.
miKKoChristmas11miKKoChristmas11 loves this.
Lisa-lightingLisa-lighting loves this.
serafinserafin loves this.

JohannB

I found this one out of the classifieds. When I got there the owner told me that several "antique dealers" had already looked at and told her that it was not a real Pairpoint. But it is. The shape of the shade is called Carlisle. I had to sell it when I got laid off from a job to pay 2 months mortgage. I wish I still had it. :(

Comments

1. JohannB JohannB, 2 years ago
    Thank you serafin!
  2. JohannB JohannB, 2 years ago
    Thanks guyfrmatl!
  3. Lisa-lighting Lisa-lighting, 2 years ago
    Great lamp. Isn't it wonderful that we can always find a safety net for those darker days? There is always a home for the lovely things. I hope you find it again and or something that allows you to forget the one that got away.
  4. JohannB JohannB, 2 years ago
    Thank you Lisa. It is nice to have a safety net. I buy things if I think its a good price and when I need the money I sell. The majority of the time it is at a very good profit and a lot more fun than a savings account. Still, I wish I could keep them all.
  5. antiquefreak66, 2 years ago
    Johann, I agree with you. You may have enjoyed it for a short time. You just have to think there is more out there and you may find one you like much better. I had to sell my sterling collection. Thanks for the fluctuation in the market I sold at a high time($49.48 per troy ounce, pay out at $35.)and made a great profit. I sold a set of Towle old Master (130+ pieces), and a bunch of 1920's sterling pieces, over 400 oz. When I walked out of the coin store with 2 checks for almost $8,000(almost 16 thousand) with an investment of less than 4k. My second stop after the bank was the antique shop and found a new lamp that I just love. Plus it was a steal. I have a pic of is here, a rare red Handel Tam-o-shamer shaded lamp. After all as collectors we are just temporary curators of the pasts treasures.