Belle Margie Doll

In Dolls > Show & Tell.
Dolls1283 of 2416The Pointy-Ear Patrol: Band of Trolls and Mr. SpockVery Well Loved Mohair Bear

Agram.mAgram.m loves this.
pops52pops52 loves this.
bratjddbratjdd loves this.
mikelv85mikelv85 loves this.
geo26egeo26e loves this.
aghcollectaghcollect loves this.
Virginia.vintageVirginia.vintage loves this.
nutsabotas6nutsabotas6 loves this.
LithaskyeLithaskye loves this.
RosemarieRosemarie likes this.

Jewels

Hello, I just found this doll at a tag sale. Does anyone know anything about her? She appears to be unmarked. She is approximately 16 inches tall. Thanks in advance! Julie

Comments

1. Manikin Manikin, 2 years ago
    Hi does she have elbows and knee's that bend ?
  2. Jewels Jewels, 2 years ago
    Hi Mani! No, she doesn't, but she does have a waist that swivels.
  3. Manikin Manikin, 2 years ago
    Ok then she is a Miss Revlon look a like doll I forgot to ask about waist ,glad you added that . Now I need you to look under her hair line do you see letters like a VT and are you sure she is 16 inches maybe 15 ? She has the face of madame Alexander doll but body of an Ideal or Uneeda doll . I need the Letters behind head they maybe in hairline so check there also .
  4. Jewels Jewels, 2 years ago
    Thank you for the info! I combed through her hair and the only thing I could see was "27C"
  5. Manikin Manikin, 2 years ago
    The C has me ? I can think of no company that used just a C . I am going to say she is a competitor to Miss Revlon doll made by any number of companies . Deluxe Reading , Allied ,Valentine ect . She is a late 1950's vinyl fashion doll . Look inside her clothes by seams and see if by chance they tagged her clothes . Also look at her mid back for a mark . In meantime here is one that is similar . Lots of these girls we just can't be sure who made them
  6. Jewels Jewels, 2 years ago
    Thanks Mani for your time! Her clothes are unmarked and I double checked and the marking is "27C" :) I like that she is from the fifties and I rescued her as she was filthy and I think no one else wanted her because of that, but she cleaned right up--no scrubbing required :D Thanks again! You always come through! I have to get another pic of the Ruth Gibbs doll up (that you helped me identify) as the pic I posted got removed b/c of the quality of the pic (cell phone :/)
  7. Manikin Manikin, 2 years ago
    My last doll was like her :-) It was smaller a Little Miss Revlon I got it when I was 10 years old and my Mom said I was to old for a doll:-) But I insisted. Now I had a choice between her and the First Barbie ! Boy If I only knew to buy the whole shelf full of number 1 Barbies but they they looked so odd . Me and my g/f stood and looked at them as they put up display in awe and how strange she looked , Then they unpacked all the clothes and laid them on a shelf they were beautiful !! But we couldn't afford to buy such nice doll clothes we sewed are own from scraps . But I remember that day like yesterday . We both picked Miss Revlon she was prettier :-)
  8. Jewels Jewels, 2 years ago
    Ahhh...love that story, Mani!
  9. Manikin Manikin, 2 years ago
    Glad you enjoyed my memories Jewel :-) But I sure could have been rich if I had bought about 20 of them Barbies . I lived on West coast then and it was one of the first places Mattel tested Barbie and the reaction . Mine was not so good then as we had never seen a doll quite like her and her eyebrows and eyes looked rather freaky . The tamed her look down by 3 rd Barbie to be made :-)
  10. Lithaskye, 1 year ago
    Hi. She looks A LOT like my Belle Margie dolls made by the Belle Doll & Toy Co.
  11. crazydollcollector crazydollcollector, 1 month ago
    Hi,
    This doll is definitely Belle Toy Margie or Marjorie. They had 5 sizes of dolls: 10.5 in. tall, 15 in. tall, 18 in. tall, 19. in tall and finally 20 in. to compete with Cissy and Miss Revlon. The one you have is either Margie or Marjorie, depending on her size. If she is 19 in., then she is a Marjorie. The dress is also original to that doll. the mark 27 is puzzling - i have never seen it before. they are usually unmarked. These dolls resemble the dollikins and Uneeda 2S (on the back of their heads). Hope this comment helps. By the way, she is gaining in popularity with collectors because of the relatively lower price range between them and Cissy. They do ressemble Cissy greatly, don't they?

Yours is lovely and enjoy her. She is a great addition to any collection.
    Fran.
  12. Jewels Jewels, 1 month ago
    Thank you Lithaskye and crazydoll for the information. Much appreciated! : )
  13. Manikin Manikin, 1 month ago
    They are right so could you change title on top of post to name her " Belle Margie doll" :-)))) then she will show up on a search if someone else has her .
  14. Jewels Jewels, 1 month ago
    Hi Mani, thanks again! I made the change :)
  15. Manikin Manikin, 1 month ago
    Good Jewels because she is unmarked doll on a google search her name will appear now so they can see what she looks like :-) xo
  16. crazydollcollector crazydollcollector, 18 days ago
    Hi, here are two very well known websites on Margies and Marjories.
    and
    Oh, by the way, the outfit your little cutie is wearing was also available on the 19 in tall Marjorie (yeah, only the 19in tall ones had a different name than the others, beats me why.) Marjorie had a twist waist like Margie 17 or 18 in tall. The 21 in tall Margie could not twist her waist but she had bended knees like Cissy. And there is also Trixie (very hard to find and commands a very high price when found). That one had a different body than the Margies. She ressembled the Dollikins.
    One day, i'll post pictures of my lovely Margies and you can see they come in different outfit and different hair styles (the page boy look is very popular with collectors, and also quite rare).
    Anyway, back to collecting. I am after all, a crazy doll collector.
    Fran
  17. Jewels Jewels, 18 days ago
    Thank you so much Fran for all this great info! Love the examples--the clothes are darling! Happy collecting! : )
  18. crazydollcollector crazydollcollector, 18 days ago
    Thank you Jewels. If you find another one at a flea market, don't pass her up. FYI: There is a book written by Kathy Barna on Revlon Dolls and their Look Alikes. If you chance in finding a copy, there is a section (don't know how big cause I didn't buy the book) on what they call Revlon clones: Margies, 14Rs, Dollikins, and others. In this book, there are further clothing pictures and perhaps details on what the Margies may have worn. That's another source to find out more about those dolls. It may be available in your local library!
    Happy collecting at well. :)
    Fran