Help with doll identification

In Dolls > Show & Tell.
Dolls1227 of 2360The Pointy-Ear Patrol: Band of Trolls and Mr. SpockVery Well Loved Mohair Bear

geo26egeo26e loves this.
aghcollectaghcollect loves this.
Virginia.vintageVirginia.vintage loves this.
nutsabotas6nutsabotas6 loves this.
LithaskyeLithaskye loves this.
RosemarieRosemarie likes this.

Jewels

Hello, I just found this doll at a tag sale. Does anyone know anything about her? She appears to be unmarked. She is approximately 16 inches tall. Thanks in advance! Julie

Comments

1. Manikin Manikin, 2 years ago
    Hi does she have elbows and knee's that bend ?
  2. Jewels Jewels, 2 years ago
    Hi Mani! No, she doesn't, but she does have a waist that swivels.
  3. Manikin Manikin, 2 years ago
    Ok then she is a Miss Revlon look a like doll I forgot to ask about waist ,glad you added that . Now I need you to look under her hair line do you see letters like a VT and are you sure she is 16 inches maybe 15 ? She has the face of madame Alexander doll but body of an Ideal or Uneeda doll . I need the Letters behind head they maybe in hairline so check there also .
  4. Jewels Jewels, 2 years ago
    Thank you for the info! I combed through her hair and the only thing I could see was "27C"
  5. Manikin Manikin, 2 years ago
    The C has me ? I can think of no company that used just a C . I am going to say she is a competitor to Miss Revlon doll made by any number of companies . Deluxe Reading , Allied ,Valentine ect . She is a late 1950's vinyl fashion doll . Look inside her clothes by seams and see if by chance they tagged her clothes . Also look at her mid back for a mark . In meantime here is one that is similar . Lots of these girls we just can't be sure who made them
  6. Jewels Jewels, 2 years ago
    Thanks Mani for your time! Her clothes are unmarked and I double checked and the marking is "27C" :) I like that she is from the fifties and I rescued her as she was filthy and I think no one else wanted her because of that, but she cleaned right up--no scrubbing required :D Thanks again! You always come through! I have to get another pic of the Ruth Gibbs doll up (that you helped me identify) as the pic I posted got removed b/c of the quality of the pic (cell phone :/)
  7. Manikin Manikin, 2 years ago
    My last doll was like her :-) It was smaller a Little Miss Revlon I got it when I was 10 years old and my Mom said I was to old for a doll:-) But I insisted. Now I had a choice between her and the First Barbie ! Boy If I only knew to buy the whole shelf full of number 1 Barbies but they they looked so odd . Me and my g/f stood and looked at them as they put up display in awe and how strange she looked , Then they unpacked all the clothes and laid them on a shelf they were beautiful !! But we couldn't afford to buy such nice doll clothes we sewed are own from scraps . But I remember that day like yesterday . We both picked Miss Revlon she was prettier :-)
  8. Jewels Jewels, 2 years ago
    Ahhh...love that story, Mani!
  9. Manikin Manikin, 2 years ago
    Glad you enjoyed my memories Jewel :-) But I sure could have been rich if I had bought about 20 of them Barbies . I lived on West coast then and it was one of the first places Mattel tested Barbie and the reaction . Mine was not so good then as we had never seen a doll quite like her and her eyebrows and eyes looked rather freaky . The tamed her look down by 3 rd Barbie to be made :-)
  10. Lithaskye, 1 year ago
    Hi. She looks A LOT like my Belle Margie dolls made by the Belle Doll & Toy Co.