Sheffield Time Reader

In Clocks > Alarm Clocks > Show & Tell.
Alarm Clocks181 of 280Gilbert 40 Hour AlarmCinderella Collection

officialfuelofficialfuel loves this.
HunterHunter loves this.
kerry10456kerry10456 loves this.
trunkmantrunkman loves this.
Bruce99Bruce99 loves this.

pw-collector

Remember when you taught your children how to tell time with an analog clock? 5 past 2 or 5 to 10 and so on. Today they just look at their cell phones and it reads 8:54 AM or PM.
Here is a time teaching clock for children with 5 minute marks marked past or to the hour.
Dial is marked:
Sheffield
TIME READER
ALARM
Buffy + Jody (children on the CBS show Family Affair Sept. 12, 19660)
CBS
WESTERN GERMANY
Clear Plastic Back marked:
WESTERN GERMANY at bottom
Movement marked:
72 (on brass insert at bottom right)
(on left center below winding key is marked):
SHEFFIELD WATCH INC.
WEST GERMANY

Thanks for looking,
Dave
NO (0) JEWEL UNADJUSTED

Comments

1. Bruce99 Bruce99, 2 years ago
    Actually Dave, my children have always had digital! Do you remember when the "Pulsar" watch came out in the mid 70's...(I believe)...it got pretty inexpensive, pretty fast (: Nice item. Thanks for sharing with us.
  2. pw-collector pw-collector, 2 years ago
    Thanks BELLIN68 & Bruce99 for the appreciation.
    Bruce, I wouldn't let my children have a digital watch until they could tell time with an analog watch. When I gave them or they earned money, I had it in denominations where they had to count back change to receive what they had earned. I doubt if they carried on that tradition with my grandchildren.
    Thanks again,
    Dave
  3. Bruce99 Bruce99, 2 years ago
    Dave, interesting. With my kids it was more like learning an antiquated language. They "read" digital first and when they showed an interest in the few analog clocks we had in the house, we explained it to them. They seemed to pick it up pretty fast when they felt the need to know. As far as earnings are concerned, our back yard was right next to the first green on the back nine of a local golf course. Golf balls were always coming over our fence and my daughter frequently set up a golf ball-lemonade stand right at the fence. She even sold balls hot off the tee to their original owners who came looking for their errant shots. One guy even bought his ball back along with a bunch of others at a substantial discount. Making change and telling time was never a problem for her. She's always been a business woman and "time is money" ! LOL
  4. pw-collector pw-collector, 2 years ago
    Thanks AR8Jason for the appreciation.
    Great story Bruce. I love the entrepreneur aspect of your daughter. It's a good thing I didn't golf there, because I would be flat broke if I had to buy my errant shots back!
    Dave
  5. trunkman trunkman, 2 years ago
    Nice to see my old clock again. Received it as a Christmas gift in the late 60's -- same one exactly. Used it for many years until the spring finally gave up. Thanks for letting me have a peek after all these years! (and it did help me to tell time!)
  6. pw-collector pw-collector, 2 years ago
    Thanks BELLIN68, Bruce99, AR8Jason & trunkman for the appreciation.
    Dave
  7. pw-collector pw-collector, 2 years ago
    Thanks kerry for the the appreciation,
    Dave
  8. pw-collector pw-collector, 2 years ago
    Thanks Hunter & official fuel for the appreciation.
    Dave