3rd asian art item

In Asian > Chinese Plates > Show & Tell.
Chinese Plates69 of 80ASIAN DISHOriental plate incased in a metal

chinabluechinablue loves this.

mikielikes…

Anouther yard sale find which i believe to be enamel-on-brass. The seller had no info. for me on this one. Its un-marked & heavy, VERY highly detailed art-work on this. There was a 60.00$ sticker on the bottom of this BUT ive even used that old trick!! got it for 15.00$ . Can anyone tell me if i did good? Again , doesnt really matter when u get something u like & u can afford it , u did good!

Mystery Solved

Comments

1. chinablue chinablue, 2 years ago
    I don't know much about asian antiques other than what pleases my eye, mikie.. and this one is BEAUTIFUL! Looks like it's a peony design, which I always think is quite lovely. And in the pictures it almost looks like it's cloisonné.
    To use a colloquial phrase, and in my humble opinion, "you done good!"
  2. Stillwater Stillwater, 2 years ago
    Yes its deffinitely cloisonne, Chinese, probably first half of the 20th century. Its referred to as "clouds" because of the shape of the cloisons. Heres a great website to help you learn about identifying cloisonne:

3. Stillwater Stillwater, 2 years ago
    The more that I look at it though, its probably later than the first half of the 20th. Maybe 60's 70's? I'm not an expert here though. Its certainly worth 15 dollars though, you could probably make a little pocket change too, if you decided to sell it
  4. mikielikesigns2 mikielikesigns2, 2 years ago
    thank u Sean . Mikie
  5. mikielikesigns2 mikielikesigns2, 2 years ago
    thank u china, for your comment. Will be posting more glass & pottery soon, we look forward to your opinions.
  6. mikielikesigns2 mikielikesigns2, 2 years ago
    Thank you Stillwater, i (think) your second comment is probably correct. The lady we purchased these from led us to believe it wasnt an early piece, we just liked the design.
  7. ho2cultcha ho2cultcha, 2 years ago
    i have a matching cloisonne tumbler/cup i purchased new in japan in 1983. i really like it.
  8. mikielikesigns2 mikielikesigns2, 2 years ago
    Thank you ho2cultcha, was 15.00$ Ok?