My car that odometer just went to 50K . 22 years old

In Classic Cars > Show & Tell.
Classic Cars521 of 792old hood ornamentYOU ALL WILL BE SO PROUD OF ME! (THIS TIME ANYWAY)

antiqueroseantiquerose loves this.
lundylundy loves this.
Earthling_Earthling_ loves this.
mikielikesigns2mikielikesigns2 loves this.
officialfuelofficialfuel likes this.
HedgewalkerHedgewalker loves this.
walksoftlywalksoftly loves this.
miKKoChristmas11miKKoChristmas11 loves this.
fitter475fitter475 loves this.

Manikin

I had to photo my car for insurance company every few years and so I thought I would share my 89 Oldsmobile Delta 88 Royal with the original miles on it . I got it new and it is main car for me . My husband drives the truck and I just got a replacement emblem Royal for passenger side that fell off . The car is still like factory new . And will drive it till I am gone I think . It rides smooth and is my baby . I have put collector plates on it yet because I could not drive it in Jan then . But this year I will put them on . I should hide it behind some tree's and shrubs like Mikie and make you guess what it is :-)

Comments

1. Manikin Manikin, 2 years ago
  2. Manikin Manikin, 2 years ago
    Thank you MiKKo !
  3. Manikin Manikin, 2 years ago
    Thank you Phil !
  4. Manikin Manikin, 2 years ago
    Thanks Hedge and official ! for stopping to look at my not a muscle car but made when cars would last ! I love my car. People are amazed the car is that old and was told by several people at yard sale over week end it looks like it still was factory new . of coarse it was 100 degree's out and must of us were to hot to think for 2 days .
    Glad to see you both on my post !
  5. mikielikesigns2 mikielikesigns2, 2 years ago
    I know who you bought this car off of!!!!! After he had helped with the technical and historical details for the movie "300" you had your husband drive you on to the set and pick up the car from..........................................................Dick Clark!!!!
  6. Manikin Manikin, 2 years ago
    lol Mikie Nope . It was my step dads who passed away with 20 some miles on it . I remember the day he picked it up with no miles on it . He lived near me and was was afraid to drive due to PSTD from WWII . He was a life long family friend and when my Dad passed my Mom married him and he died 6 mo later . It was hard on her to lose 2 husbands in short time and she had to give them lots of care . Sad she is gone she was a good lady and deserved happiness before she passed . She would have gone on Bandstand with me too !!!!!!!!!!! we both loved to dance . So ya never know am I Dick Clarks step daughter :-)
  7. mikielikesigns2 mikielikesigns2, 2 years ago
    Both or ALL of your parental (mentors) should be very proud, they seem to have raised a well ballanced, quirky & smart lady, who also has, and knows how, to deal with EXTREMELY UNBALANCED, BRAIN DEAD, MENTALLY CHALLENGED individuals, that you happen to tollerate (thank you) .
  8. Manikin Manikin, 2 years ago
    LOL Mikie that is because I have same condition :-)
  9. lundy lundy, 2 years ago
    thats nice manikin
  10. Manikin Manikin, 2 years ago
    Thank you Lundy and earthling !!