What Day of The Month Is It.

In Telephones > Automatic Electric Telephones > Show & Tell and Paper > Calendars > Show & Tell.
Automatic Electric Telephones5 of 21Automatic Electric (Strowger) and Telephone Co. Employee BadgeAE 50 Monophone

FrankiefigFrankiefig loves this.
earthandmagnetoearthandmagneto loves this.
musikchoomusikchoo loves this.
officialfuelofficialfuel loves this.
mikielikesigns2mikielikesigns2 loves this.
pw-collectorpw-collector loves this.
walksoftlywalksoftly loves this.

ttomtucker

I picked up this rotating calendar at a Seattle telephone show last month.
This calendar was more than likely a give away item by Automatic Electric Co. which was the manufacturing arm of GTE. The base is stamped Brown & Bigelow patent pending ST. PAUL, MINN. I later found out the calendar was Patented by Charles A Ward on July 16, 1929
and assigned to Brown & Bigelow. I added the patent page.

Comments

1. mikielikesigns2 mikielikesigns2, 2 years ago
    luv the telephone dial at the top, beautiful item tom.
  2. ttomtucker ttomtucker, 2 years ago
    Thank you Kevin, BELLIN68, walksoftly, pw-collector, mikielikesigns2
  3. ttomtucker ttomtucker, 2 years ago
  4. PhilDavidAlexanderMorris PhilDavidAlexanderMorris, 2 years ago
    I bought one from ebay, about a month ago and I love it. This one is a real beauty that you found. Goes well in front of your computer I imagine, that is where mine is ! Yours is older than mine which I date at 1960 or late 50's, they come in handy, I know. Beautiful piece. I love the patent and the research you did, really worth finding a piece like this !~Phil.
  5. musikchoo musikchoo, 2 years ago
    Very Cool!!!!
  6. earthandmagneto earthandmagneto, 2 years ago
    I love it! I do have a pin very similar to this symbol AE. The symbol changed quite a bit over the years. Any symbol older than the one you show will be in the shape of a Strowger Dial (complete with finger holes).
  7. ttomtucker ttomtucker, 2 years ago
    earthandmagneto, Thank you for your comment. I have a employee badge with the Strowger dial. I will post next.
  8. Frankiefig Frankiefig, 8 months ago