Posted 10 months ago
STROMBERGSHYTTAN - SWEDEN
found this as well at the fleamarket today for $1.00 , very cool piece, it was in a bin with other items , and i had to save this beautiful vase very cool theres a a chip in it but for a buck why not. heres some info i have found on the web from wiki.
Strömbergshyttan is a glassworks place in the region of the Swedish province Smaland , which is called the Kingdom of Crystal - located in Lessebo Municipality , midway between the central towns Hovmantorp and Lessebo.
Strömbergshyttans glassworks was 1933 its name from the service manager Edward Stromberg but the glass factory had been founded already in 1876 under the name Lindefors glassworks. The mailing address was well into the 1940s Lindenfors, Hovmantorp but eventually also changed the town name to Strömbergshyttan.
Lindefors Glassworks was built by the wealthy senator John August from Lake Linneryd and the owner of the farm Lindeskruvs John Lindqvist, with Lake as an inspector. Lindefors operated intermittently and in part in conjunction with that of Lake Alfred also owned Bergdala Glassworks . In January 1919 Lake mill sold to a timber firm in Oskarshamn, but there was no ice cream during their ägartid forward to 1925. There was a glass-grinder shaft briefing, schooled at the Kosta glassworks , which in 1925 bought Lindefors and who in 1929 had started operation in partnership with glasblåsarmästaren Knut Bergqvist and his nephew, Eugene. Both of these came from Orrefors and Knut became Lindefors mill designer, except that he was the blower and cab master. During this difficult economic period, thirty were forced to be shut down operation 1931st The same crisis-ridden 1933 Eda glassworks where Edvard Stromberg was the manager.
When was forced to shut down operations at Eda, moved Edvard Stromberg summer of 1933 back to Småland and Lindefors. Together with his wife, designer Gerda Strömberg once he started Lindefors glassworks. They rented it and gave it the name Strömbergshyttan and later became also the owner of the mill. Edvard Stromberg also managed to re-employ glasblåsarmästaren Knut Bergqvist, whom he knew well from the years 1918 to 1927, when the two had worked at Orrefors Glassworks. Stromberg was the period of house manager at Orrefors and Knut Bergqvist was Glassblower there 1914-1929. Stromberg also completed the work force at his new glass factory with a dozen or so glass workers from Eda. Now they had a firm foundation with the Edvard Stromberg, conductor and his wife Gerda as a designer and skilled glass blowers and cutters both from Småland and Värmland glass centers.
Gerda Strömberg had become a household name during the couple's time on the Eda Glassworks from 1927 to 1933. At Strömbergshyttan cemented her even more its position as one of the great designers in the Swedish glass in 1930 - and 1940's. After Edvard Stromberg's death in 1946 took over management of the practice altogether by his son, the engineer Erik Stromberg. After his death in 1960 was the wife Asta full responsibility for the management of the mill and she created is also a respected name as a designer for the mill last 20 years. During the period 1954 to 1967 had also Gunnar Nylund worked as a designer at Strömbergshyttan. He was primarily known as a designer for Rörstrand 1931-67 and in his early years working at the Bing & Grondal 1925-28. Other designers in the mill's later years, Rune Strand, 1963-68, and Anders Solfors. In the summer of 1979 was running down definitively at Strömbergshyttans glassworks, after it had been run by Orrefors Group after bankruptcy 1976th
It then started a studio glassworks in 1987 on the resort Strömbergshyttan, but in a different room, and it was named Studio Strömbergshyttan. The brand name is sometimes confused with the former family-owned glassworks Strömbergshyttan. The new studio foundry was started by three Glassblower who previously worked for Hovmantorps, Orrefors and Kosta Boda glassworks: Håkan Gunnarsson, Leif Persson and Mikael Axen Brant. Glass furnace at Studio Strömbergshyttan quenched 2008 and the operation was transferred to Bergdala glassworks, but the show room in Strömbergshyttan has been maintained. The new brand is Bergdala Studio Glass which is an amalgamation of Bergdala Design Studio Strömbergshyttan