Action Twins Ad and Patent

In Classic Cars > Hood Ornaments > Show & Tell.
Hood Ornaments104 of 147The Action Twins Hood Ornament, 1931Car Mascot by M. Podie Brad

aghcollectaghcollect loves this.
tom61375tom61375 loves this.
pickrknowspickrknows loves this.
ttomtuckerttomtucker loves this.
mikielikesigns2mikielikesigns2 loves this.
miKKoChristmas11miKKoChristmas11 loves this.
walksoftlywalksoftly loves this.
blunderbuss2blunderbuss2 loves this.
bratjddbratjdd loves this.

PhilDavidA…

I had found this wonderful ad to the action twins in one of my magazines and thought you would enjoy, I have also added the Action Twins Hood Ornament application for Patent and the patent design. These are old, and cleaning up the patents was a chore, especially for such good resolution, I thank my friend, Daniela, from Berlin, for all the help !~

This ornament and a quest for one is the reason I decided to collect Hood Ornaments early this July. Since then I have contacted and conversed with the top people who are in the field and wrote the books, that are alive. Each has helped me greatly and advised on some of the purchases. That will help me get better ones in the future.

Each day collecting hood ornaments, I learn something !~ That is one of the benefits through love of collecting we all enjoy. Thank you all for putting up with my obsessions.

Comments

1. walksoftly walksoftly, 2 years ago
    I've seen one of these on TV this year, not sure what show.
    Love it!
    You & your friends did a great job of cleaning up the images!
    If we didn't have obsessions there wouldn't be anything to see on CW!
  2. PhilDavidAlexanderMorris PhilDavidAlexanderMorris, 2 years ago
    It was on Storage Wars, probably the same show I saw called "Driving Miss Barry" and the piece was found by Yuup, Dave Hester. He also found the 50's Indian and the plane mascot. After seeing the same show about twice I decided I'm going to find me those !!~
  3. walksoftly walksoftly, 2 years ago
    Yuuup, that was it!
  4. PhilDavidAlexanderMorris PhilDavidAlexanderMorris, 2 years ago
    Thank you for the loves miKKoChristmas11, walksoftly, blunderbuss2, vetraio50, and bratjdd !~
  5. PhilDavidAlexanderMorris PhilDavidAlexanderMorris, 2 years ago
    Thank you all kindly for the loves pickrknows, ttomtucker, BELLIN68, & mikielikesigns2, much appreciated.
  6. PhilDavidAlexanderMorris PhilDavidAlexanderMorris, 2 years ago
    Thank you Manikin for the love, appreciated.
  7. PhilDavidAlexanderMorris PhilDavidAlexanderMorris, 1 year ago