Posted 9 months ago
These are three 1950 magazine advertisements for Lightolier brand lights and lamps. Full page ads measure 9 3/4" by 12 3/4".
Lightolier is a company that manufactures and sells a wide array of lighting fixtures. It was founded in 1904 by Bernhard Blitzer under the name of New York Gas and Appliance Co. When electric lighting started to be more widely accepted, the name was changed to Lightolier, a contraction of the words light and chandelier. In its early years, the company specialized in fancy decorative chandeliers then made a shift to high-end design and architectural in the 1920s. In the 1960s, Lightolier introduced the first track lighting system. Lightolier is also known for its advanced reflector designs, and was the first lighting company to introduce digital lighting systems in the early 1990s.
The company currently has manufacturing operations in:
Fall River, MA, Wilmington, MA, Edison, NJ, Fontana, CA, and Camargo, Mexico. They are now owned by Phillips.