Posted 9 months ago
This is a 1950 magazine advertisement for Fostoria Glass Company, Moundsville, West Virginia. The ad is full page color and measure 9 3/4" by 12 3/4". This is the "Century" pattern in pure clear crystal.
--- The Fostoria Glass Company manufactured pressed, blown and hand-molded glassware and tableware for almost 90 years. It began operations in Fostoria, Ohio, USA in December, 1887. When natural resources declined in Fostoria, the company moved to Moundsville, West Virginia in 1891. Production peaked in 1950 when Fostoria manufactured over 8 million pieces of glass and crystal. The company expanded in the 1950s, adding the crystal patterns Century (1950), Rose (1951), Wedding Ring (1953), and Jamestown (1959). In 1983, Fostoria sold its factory to Lancaster Colony Corporation of Columbus, Ohio and Lancaster Colony closed the factory in 1986.