Posted 9 months ago
This is a 1950 magazine advertisement for Heisey Crystal Glass made by A.H. Heisey & Co., Newark, Ohio. It is a full page color ad measuring 9 3/4" by 12 3/4" . This ad shows the "Plantation Ivy" pattern.
--- The A.H. Heisey Company was formed in Newark, Ohio, in 1895 by A.H. Heisey. The factory provided fine quality glass tableware and decorative glass figurines. Both pressed and blown glassware were made in a wide variety of patterns and colors. The majority of the pieces are impressed with the company logo, a raised capital letter "H" inscribed in a diamond of approximately 1/4 inch (6 mm) in length. This mark is found on the bottom of most large pieces and on the base or stem of drinking glasses and compotes. Popular pattern names include Crystolite, Greek Key, Empress, Plantation, Ridgeleigh, Stanhope, Old Sandwich, and Yeoman, amongst dozens of others.
The company was operated by Heisey and his sons until 1957, when the factory closed. The Imperial Glass Company bought the molds for the Heisey glass production and continued producing some pieces mostly with the Imperial Glass mark until they went out of business in 1984.