Posted 9 months ago
These are two 1950 advertisements for the Duncan & Miller Glass Co., Washington, PA. - One ad shows their famous "Canterbury" pattern made of pressed glass, the other ad shows five different pieces of their milk glass patterns, Duncan No. 120-C a 3-light Candelabra, No. 72-E 8" flared vase, No. 549 10" urn, No. 552 6" Compote, and No. 30 1/2 7 1/2" Swan. The urn, compote, and swan were all available with green, ruby, or milk color handles/neck.
Duncan-Miller actually produced the glassware collectors most often associate with the company between 1893 and 1955. The founder, George Duncan, was associated with the glass industry a number of years before he opened the business in 1872. The Duncan family not only owned the business, but the descendants of George Duncan operated the company until it closed in 1955. At that time, the molds, machinery and equipment were sold to United States Glass Co. headquartered in Tiffin, Ohio and used to produce the later Duncan-ware lines until 1980.