Posted 9 months ago
This is a 1950 magazine advertisement for Lunt Silversmiths, Greenfield, Massachusetts. Full page ad measures 9 3/4" by 12 3/4".
The patterns shown from top-to-bottom - Charles II, American Victorian, Memory Lane, English Shell, Modern Victorian, William & Mary, and Modern Classic.
Lunt Silversmiths is an American manufacturer of fine sterling, silver-plate and stainless steel flatware, holloware, and giftware established in 1902. George C. Lunt, an engraver in the A .F. Towle & Son company, bought the business and renamed it Rogers, Lunt and Bowlen Co. The company has remained in the Lunt family hands since the founding. The name was changed to Lunt Silversmiths in 1935, which it remains until today. Lunt's Embassy Scroll pattern was chosen by the U.S. government as its official tableware in all U.S. embassies and consulates around the world. In late 2009, the company sold its name and inventory to competitor Reed & Barton.