My Norton Commando 750

In Motorcycles > Show & Tell.
Motorcycles173 of 605My Baby !! 1998 Suzuki Intruder VS800GLHonda C110 Motorcycle

southcopsouthcop loves this.
lundylundy loves this.
trukn20trukn20 loves this.
HedgewalkerHedgewalker loves this.
officialfuelofficialfuel loves this.

Hems303

Hi All!
Sometime ago "officialfuel" asked me as a fellow biker to post some pictures of my motorcycles: Here is one for you; my faithful 1972 Norton 750 Commando. It is rare because it is still fitted with the infamous and notorious, high performance "Combat" engine, that was only fitted by the factory during early to mid 72 before being hastily discontinued. The last picture is one of my scale models; a 1969 "Fastback" 750 Norton Commando, a real one of which I owned (in glorious red, not green), back in the mid-70's.

"official fuel"...I have always lusted over owning a Harley, but have always stuck with "Brit Iron" because the cost of Harleys over here was always way too high. You never know.............one day! ;)

Comments

1. Hedgewalker Hedgewalker, 2 years ago
    As a fellow rider I can say this is one absolutely gorgeous ride !!! It is very nice to see you back Hems !!! : )
  2. Hems303 Hems303, 2 years ago
    Very good to be back Hedgewalker, thanks for the "love" and she sure is a good ride, one of my most enjoyable when I want to blow out the cobwebs from between my ears! The sound she makes is truely incredible, even after all these years! lol
  3. Hems303 Hems303, 2 years ago
    Thanks for the "love" scandinavian_pieces, much appreciated!
  4. RonM RonM, 2 years ago
    Fine machine(still have the Amals I see).
  5. Hems303 Hems303, 2 years ago
    Thanks for the "loves" gearpunk, sanhardin and RonM...... I have thought of pulling off the Amals and getting a single Japanese replacement, but the Amal factory is only just down the road and they are still cheap enough! An Amal on a 750 Commando lasts for no more than 10,000 miles before they are shot!
  6. Hems303 Hems303, 2 years ago
    Thanks for the loves to: mustangtony, walksoftly, chrissylovescats and to BELLIN68 for "love" and very kind comment; I am a very lucky man, in many ways, and being a member of this community is one of them, thank you!
  7. Hems303 Hems303, 2 years ago
    ;) Appleton is a long, wet ride from Shropshire I'm thinking, but any time BELLIN68. lol
  8. blunderbuss2 blunderbuss2, 2 years ago
    You r beginning to impress me, a bit. I very seriously doubt u know the true meaning of the "clot". Even many Jamaicans can't explain it but I lived there 15 yrs. Love your bikes!
    A lot of people come to SXM to buy Harley's & the dealer is about 1/4 km from me. This is a duty-free island, so people come here & buy them, ride them a week & then ship home as used. When there was a waiting list a few yrs back for them, a lot of people did that. Our island is both Fr. & dutch so somehow they got a double allotment during the shortage. If you want, I can get their email address so U can ck them out. I've got an empty couch.
  9. Hems303 Hems303, 2 years ago
    Hi blunderbuss2, well I'm so "chuffed" you're impressed (a bit), I can assure you I fully understand the root meaning behind the "insult", it is used as a far worse replacement of that oft used four letter word!

I've posted just for you if'n you'd like to check it out! It's NOT vases!

.....and thanks for the offer of a loan of your couch...most most kind!

I may well take you up on it one day, but our usual haunt is Sandy Lane, St James Parrish, Barbados! (where the fish fly low and the Bajan rum never runs dry!)
  10. kerry10456 kerry10456, 2 years ago
    As a fellow rider, very nice ride. Waiting to see the red fastback.I've rode several Brit-bikes but never owned a Norton. Several Trumps and a couple Bezers. Been main stay on the old pan since 78 or 79.
  11. kerry10456 kerry10456, 2 years ago
    Steve reread your description and the "Red" is gone now. getting old and the brain don't always engage fully. Thought I'd share mine with you. I know you wouldn't want to go thru all those watches to find it. LOL. So here a short-cut.
  12. blunderbuss2 blunderbuss2, 2 years ago
    Not sure of the details of the conversation, but remember that senility has it's advantages, but don't ask me because I can't remember what they are.
  13. kerry10456 kerry10456, 2 years ago
    Gotta love the wisdom in that!!
  14. Hems303 Hems303, 2 years ago
    Thats Blunderbuss 2 for you...font of all wisdom AND quirky facts! Bless Him!

Kerry... went to see your ride....Oh so fine!... (Please leave "as is", don't do a thing to it...it's just perfect!)
  15. blunderbuss2 blunderbuss2, 2 years ago
    Steve, have you noticed that there is a lull in vase posts? What a welcome relief! Of course that's today.
    Break dancing was invented by ghetto kids trying to steal hub-caps off of moving cars.
  16. Hems303 Hems303, 2 years ago
    Hi blunderbuss2, I have had a reply from BELLIN68; he says scandinavian_pieces is on holiday, but not sure how that explains all scandinavian_pieces "loves", posts etc etc have all completely vanished? I'm beginning to think it's my PC or the CW website????? is up the swanny!
  17. Bikenstein Bikenstein, 2 years ago
    I like your Norton. A fellow mechanic that worked beside me in 72 had one just like it and swore by it. I rode a 650 TR6 at the time. Brings back memories. I noticed scandinavian_pieces "love" disappeared from a post of mine. I thought he just changed his mind. So I guess it's not your PC. Cheers
  18. Hems303 Hems303, 2 years ago
    Thanks Bikenstein...I am beginning to think good'ole scandinavian_pieces "is no more" as far as Collectors Weekly is concerned, which is a damned shame!!!! All their posts in my saved "Collections" and "Loves" & " Likes" have just completely "vanished"....all the loves from them are gone too! :(
    Thanks for your "Love" and nice comment....like the tag too..LOL

And Blunderbuss2 I still love your humour, the sense of which you continually deny having! LMAO!

On that note I really must go to bed! 02:00 Hrs. again!!!! You really brighten the day up. It's a pleasure & an honour to know you! :) :) :)
  19. Hems303 Hems303, 2 years ago
    kerry10456: has such a FINE ride...go check it out, you won't be disappointed!

For blunderbuss2 & Bikenstein; I know she loved posting "Vases & Glass!" but she was a lovely person; unfortunately the news is; scandinavian_pieces has left CW at this present time. She will be missed! (If you want to; see miKKo's comments on my posted item):

20. Hems303 Hems303, 2 years ago
    Here's my "thank you" post to "Scandi":

21. blunderbuss2 blunderbuss2, 2 years ago
    Steve, I've missed something along the way. Ou es scandinavian_pieces? I have judged the quality of my posts by the "scandi" rating & comments. Not Scandinavian but S.E - U.K., right? Fill me in.
  22. Hems303 Hems303, 2 years ago
    Hi blunderbuss2....Fraid Scandi's comments and "love It's" are no more.....see my post below for the comments, especially those from miKKo....
    You are right about not scandinavia, AND right again....I know but we can't disclose for "public" on CW...if you know what I mean.... i.e. I've already had hassle off of a couple of "eBayers" from what they've seen on CW and tracked me down!) Anyway..check out miKKoChristmas11's COMMENTS on post below:
  23. Hems303 Hems303, 2 years ago
    Here's a little "tribute" "thank you" post from my (wife's) collection for scandinavian_pieces who is always good for a "love it" or a timely comment:
  24. blunderbuss2 blunderbuss2, 2 years ago
    Steve, I have seen your ratings for Hard-lies & you won't rest easy until U get 1. The older 1's were a hazard to traffic behind them for getting flats from parts falling off but that has been cured with the New Evo I believe. I believe they even come with a warning label now, "Made in U.S.A." or something to that effect but not "China". Must be getting old, forgot I have no sense of humour! Must have been a flash-back from the '60's.
  25. Hems303 Hems303, 2 years ago
    LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yo de'man! Gotta go to bed....03:16 AGAIN!!! Gonna get a divorce at this rate!! :O
  26. blunderbuss2 blunderbuss2, 2 years ago
    I've had scores of wives & didn't have to worry about divorce. They weren't my wives!
  27. Hems303 Hems303, 2 years ago
    Thanks for the "love it's" to scandinavian_pieces, Bikenstein, kerry10456, Zatsoc, NicksCrustyStuff, collector4evr, pickrknows, TRIKER, blunderbuss2, Chevelleman69, shughs, Longings, petey, miKKoChristmas11, mtg75, PhilDavidAlexanderMorris, czechman, ttomtucker, chrissylovescats, walksoftly, BELLIN68, AntigueToys, packrat-place, RonM, sanhardin, gearpunk, lundy, trukn20, Manikin, Hedgewalker, officialfuel and mustangtony!

28. Roycroftbooksfromme1 Roycroftbooksfromme1, 2 years ago
    my first bike was a BSA...lots of fun, the next was a triumph trident ,tripcarbs .I remeber I would have to tickle the cars from time to time if I forgot to turn on the fuel ..lol no one in the state's could beat one till the japaness came out with there water cooled bikes ...then it was all over ...lol but I was clock at 127 on it and it still had more in it ...smiling ..any ways I like your bikes ..
  29. Roycroftbooksfromme1 Roycroftbooksfromme1, 2 years ago
    should of read carbs ... o well no way to fix a mis spell on here..oh ya you can ship that green cafey norton over to me any time soon... u p s knows my address...I just like it.... looks clean..
    later..
  30. Hems303 Hems303, 2 years ago
    Roycroftbooksfromme1: Thanks for your comments & "love-it"...yes whenever I take the Norton out on a cold or wet day, I have to tickle the carbs to get it to fire up...I still get petrol on the leather gloves' thumbs even though the new Amal Carburettors have the enlarged and tall tickle buttons! You can always tell a Brit Iron rider when they arrive and are away from the bike...they smell of petrol and oil......and have a grin from ear to ear! Have a good'un....and ride safe!
  31. Hems303 Hems303, 5 months ago
    Thanks for all the "love it's" guy's n gal's, Much appreciated. The old Norton hasn't been out on the road this year .. missing all the fine weather too!

Steve
  32. blunderbuss2 blunderbuss2, 5 months ago
    Hems, you are an artist & I have made many, many things for artists here. I'll email you some of my creations. Pre-dig, so I will have to take pics of pics to do it. I took a 1 bedroom flat several yrs ago because it is in a high-class gated community & convenient for my moves. (Strange to live where the gates are to keep others out instead of keeping me in, but I've gotten accustomed). I would really like to meet you, so will give you the bedroom for you & wife(or girlfriend) & I will take the couch. Will loan you my big, bad 180cc "Indian" but prefer you take the pickup. LOL. Don't let my joking fool you. I have friends in high places as well as high friends in places. Would need scheduling as this is a transient area & the couch is a pinch for two. LOL
  33. Hems303 Hems303, 4 months ago
    Blunderbuss2...bless... sounds good...and we could try for that sunken treasure...very tempting and thank you! I would also like to meet you in the flesh, I think it would be a "blast"!!! Trouble is, my schedule is jammed to the absolute bloody hilt to beyond and gone! Rachel (wife of 31 years) and I have not had a vacation for 6 years now!!! I'm 57 now and ABSOLUTELY determined to be retiring from the rat race in three years time...then...well I'll be a free agent with the wherewithal to go do as I damn well please, God willing there will be no stopping me!!! See you then perhaps.

When you say you have "made many things for artists" ...can you elucidate? Are you an artist yourself or do you see yourself as a technician FOR the artist? I have one Studio Technician who is an absolute demon guy. He can "make" nearly anything, from "g-smithing" to making "antique pencil refills" for my Co. Are you saying your role with the local artists is similar? Send away... Can't wait to see your examples!

Steve