Glass Novelty Candy Containers

In Toys > Show & Tell and Kitchen > Candy Dishes > Show & Tell.
Toys1735 of 2379Raleigh Spinner ScooterChilds Tea Set

ttomtuckerttomtucker loves this.
miKKoChristmas11miKKoChristmas11 loves this.
rocker-sdrocker-sd loves this.
ThriftyGypsyThriftyGypsy loves this.
packrat-placepackrat-place loves this.
AmberRoseAmberRose loves this.

These glass candy containers have all been dug up by me out of a post depression era glass dump I have located. Each of these particular pieces were a reward for the literally hundreds of broken or cracked ones that I have excavated. Finding one in tact is a real treat.

Manufacture of these items seems to have centered around Jeanette, PA. Most if not all were painted when new. I have an Army Jeep container lying around somewhere that should be with this group. finding it in my catch-all room may be more difficult than finding it at the glass dump.

Thanks for looking,

1. packrat-place packrat-place, 3 years ago
    Great find and amazing condition.
  2. eccentric1 eccentric1, 3 years ago
    Thank you scandinavian_pieces, AmberRose, packrat-place and ThriftyGypsy for the love.
  3. Dr_Rambow Dr_Rambow, 3 years ago
    Guess which one I like :)

I love the early Marmon-Herrington form it takes. Neat little vehicles that never really get much attention.
  4. miKKoChristmas11 miKKoChristmas11, 3 years ago
    Wonderful finds! Ah, a dreamer's treasure cache!!!
  5. eccentric1 eccentric1, 3 years ago
    Thank you AR8Jason, petey, ttomtucker, miKKoChristmas11, and
    rocker-sd !

6. phillys57, 3 years ago
    I also have a nice collection of candy dishes. All of mine also say Jennette PA. I 'm thinking on average about $30.00 each. Some a little more some a little less.
  7. blunderbuss2 blunderbuss2, 3 years ago
    Sounds like your "catch-all room"is maybe like how a dutch girl described my shop, "Looks like the last day of a yard-sale".
  8. Signaholic Signaholic, 3 years ago
    I do have the "willy's jeep candy piece and will show it one of these days. I would like to own all of these.
  9. eccentric1 eccentric1, 3 years ago
    Thanks very much toolate2, blunderbuss2, pw-collector,AR8Jason, petey, ttomtucker and miKKoChristmas11!
  10. TRIKER TRIKER, 3 years ago
    Very nice collection!! I have the Jeep one. Sadly, the drivers head got broken and super glue'd back on. I dug it out of a trash dump behind some cabin's in an old railroad town in north Calif.