Posted 8 months ago
These are two 1950 magazine advertisements for Nevamar Table Tops made by the Natcolite Company, a Division of National Store Fixture Co., Inc., Baltimore, MD - Nevamar was founded in 1939 as the National Plastic Products Company in Baltimore, Maryland, who were one of the first to make use of high-pressure, plastic-based laminating technology to produce veneers for cabinet surfaces. National Plastic trademarked the Nevamar name for its laminates in 1946, but it also became involved in other forms of plastic production, including filaments made from such polymers as polyolefin and nylon, as well as molded products and extrusions. In addition to Nevamar laminates, the company made paint brush bristles, doll hair, textiles, and even hula hoops. Since 2006, the company is owned by Panolam Industries.