Posted 8 months ago
This is a 1950 magazine advertisement for St. Charles Kitchens made by the St. Charles Manufacturing Co., St. Charles, Illinois. - St. Charles Manufacturing Co. was established in 1935 as a maker of upscale steel quality cabinetry. In 1936, the company was selected by Frank Lloyd Wright for the "Fallingwater" residence in Pennsylvannia. In 1948 they introduced color as standard while other manufacturers cabinetry remained white or wood finish. In 1949, the cabinetry was specified for the "Farnsworth House" (Farnsworth was the inventor of the television) in Fox River Valley, Ill. - In 1962 they introduced textured steel as an alternate exterior finish (again, ahead of their competitors).
The company was aquired by Viking Range Corporation in 2001.