Posted 8 months ago
This is a 1950 magazine advertisement for Murray Kitchens made by the Murray Corporation of America, Home Appliance Division, Scranton, PA. - Murray Auto Body was founded by Clarence Avery who was the Head of Manual Training at Detroit University School. One of his pupils was Edsel Ford, son of Henry Ford, who approached his father in 1912 regarding Avery's desire to enter the automobile business. After some in-factory training, Avery started his business in 1913 and became a major supplier of auto bodies to Ford Motor Company.
Murray Corporation was established in 1927 as a reorganization of the Murray Auto Body Company. They were major manufacturers of steel kitchen cabinets, electric ranges, gas ranges, and sinks.