White Buffalo Quill Box, made by Melvin "Mel" Losh

In Native American > Native American Baskets > Show & Tell.
Native American Baskets33 of 161Southwestern Native American BasketA few more items from my NA collection.

ho2cultchaho2cultcha loves this.
aghcollectaghcollect loves this.
CarlomarCarlomar loves this.
blunderbuss2blunderbuss2 loves this.
walksoftlywalksoftly loves this.
mrmajestic1mrmajestic1 loves this.

Tlynnie1942

I just got this today, a beautiful White Buffalo Quill Box made for me by Melvin Losh. He is a master Quill Box maker so I am very honored to have another one of his wonderful works of art. He finished this one on September 11, 2012 and it is 6 1/4 by 4 1/2 by 3 1/2 inches high. He dyes some and leaves some natural. The colors used in this one are natural, yellow, green and indigo (my favorite color). The box itself is made of Birch Bark, and Sweet Grass is used around the rims. And then there is the "lady bug" (Mel's trademark) on the inside and bottom. I just love the artistry that goes into every single one of Mel's works, and I hope you enjoy the pics. from this one. :)

Comments

1. Tlynnie1942 Tlynnie1942, 2 years ago
    Thank you, mrmajestic1! :)
  2. Tlynnie1942 Tlynnie1942, 2 years ago
    Thank you, Vertraio50! :)

And Thank you too to Manikin! :)

I just love this Quill box, Mel's work just blows me away.
  3. Tlynnie1942 Tlynnie1942, 2 years ago
    I missed this one, thank you BELLIN68 for the "love" :)
    This one is my latest, it broke me for the month but I saw one like it on his FB page. It was so beautiful I just had to have him make one for me. The design he chose for my quill box is different on the side than the other white Buffalo he made. I love Mel's work and I am already thinking of having a beaded pipe bag made. Mel also does beading and what he does is spectacular It will be my Christmas pressie to myself, lol
  4. Tlynnie1942 Tlynnie1942, 2 years ago
    Thanks to Blunderbuss2, Walksoftly, and antiquesandcollectibles38 for the "Love"! :)
  5. Carlomar Carlomar, 2 years ago
    A very nice piece!
  6. Tlynnie1942 Tlynnie1942, 2 years ago
    Thanks Carlomar, for the "love" and for your comment. I have two other Quill boxes made by Mel Losh up here too, if you want to look at those. Thanks again :)
  7. Tlynnie1942 Tlynnie1942, 2 years ago
    Thanks, mustangtony for the "love" :)