Clyde Barrow Car Hood Ornament

In Photographs > Show & Tell and Classic Cars > Hood Ornaments > Show & Tell.
Photographs1338 of 28989th Infantry Regiment "Manchu" yardlong photographTintype Dog with a Basket Studio Prop or Good Dog!

tlmbarantlmbaran likes this.
gargoylecollectorgargoylecollector loves this.
blunderbuss2blunderbuss2 loves this.
inkyinky loves this.
rniedermanrniederman loves this.
czechmanczechman loves this.

PhilDavidA…

Original vintage 1933 7 x 9 inches news photo from the San Francisco Examiner's archives, showing a famous image of Clyde Barrow posing in front of his beloved V8 Ford, with a rifle and two shotguns leaning against the front, two revolvers tucked into the grill and one hanging from the hood ornament. The back includes the original news service stamp and paper caption, and the Examiner's stamp with 1933 date. A few edge and corner creases and light discoloration to center of image, otherwise fine condition. A classic photograph and one of the better known images of Clyde.

The second photo I have turned into a revised colour photo which I do adding colours and other programs on the computer !~

Comments

1. rniederman rniederman, 2 years ago
    That's funny.
  2. PhilDavidAlexanderMorris PhilDavidAlexanderMorris, 2 years ago
    Glad you liked it Rob.
  3. inky inky, 2 years ago
    Love it.. ha ha!....:-)
  4. blunderbuss2 blunderbuss2, 2 years ago
    I dated Bonnie(Faye Dunnaway) in the early 60's & joke about it. My sister was dating her brother (Sonny?) & our parents would make them take us along to keep them "out of trouble". We were about 12 yrs then & I didn't even remember it until after the movie, my sister reminded me of it. Another good story to have fun with.
    Like your poem. Did Bonnie write that?
  5. PhilDavidAlexanderMorris PhilDavidAlexanderMorris, 2 years ago
    its a song :)
  6. blunderbuss2 blunderbuss2, 2 years ago
    Certainly a moving video & I promise you, I am no fan of Bette. Too many here in SXM & elsewhere doing that.
    Was that last pic an actual 1 of B. & C.? Never seen it.
  7. PhilDavidAlexanderMorris PhilDavidAlexanderMorris, 2 years ago
    I think it was but am not sure. I got it from the book Accessory Mascots by Dan Smith, and I am not sure where he got it, not mentioned - just looked like Clyde to me.
  8. PhilDavidAlexanderMorris PhilDavidAlexanderMorris, 2 years ago
    But no, I think Bonnie was a lot prettier, but after a couple more beers she may look better !~
  9. blunderbuss2 blunderbuss2, 2 years ago
    Actually, Bonnie was not supposed to have been pretty, but homely looking. Never saw a good pic of her though. Faye looked good to me!
  10. musikchoo musikchoo, 2 years ago
    Wow !! This is such a Great Post !! I Love it !!
  11. kerry10456 kerry10456, 2 years ago
    Very Neat Posting Phil, Thanks for sharing. ;-)
  12. blunderbuss2 blunderbuss2, 2 years ago
    Bonnie's .38 Smith & Clyde's 1911 .45 Colt are up for auction Sept. 30th. With verification paperwork, if anybody is interested. After the ambush, the Smith was found taped to her thigh & the Colt was in his waist-band.
    This is not a joke if anybody is interested.
    My grandmother told me years ago that the train robber Rube Burrow is not far down our family tree.
  13. PhilDavidAlexanderMorris PhilDavidAlexanderMorris, 2 years ago
    Thanks for the info and likewise the photos are up for sale also by auction. Without the slight colouring I did in the second photo.
  14. PhilDavidAlexanderMorris PhilDavidAlexanderMorris, 1 year ago
    Blunderbuss you dated Faye, that would explain her looking so tired by the 70's and to think she was the biggest box office draw !~
  15. PhilDavidAlexanderMorris PhilDavidAlexanderMorris, 1 year ago
    Thanks for all the loves on these photos filmnet, bratjdd, ho2cultcha, Roycroftbooksfromme1, Vontrike, tlmbaran, Bikenstein, RonM, toolate2, leighannrn, trunkman, officialfuel, chevy59, sarahoff, ttomtucker, Manikin, Hems303, kerry10456, vetraio50, musikchoo, BELLIN68, walksoftly, collector4evr, pw-collector, Kathycat, gargoylecollector, blunderbuss2, inky, rniederman, czechman !~
  16. PhilDavidAlexanderMorris PhilDavidAlexanderMorris, 1 year ago
    Thank you SEAN68 & Manikin for the love, much appreciated !~
  17. SEAN68 SEAN68, 1 year ago
    your welcome Phil:)
  18. Manikin Manikin, 1 year ago
    Phil see how they disquise their weapons :-) as hood ornaments (Car mascots) even back then , This was too cool a post not to love again !
  19. PhilDavidAlexanderMorris PhilDavidAlexanderMorris, 1 year ago
    Thank you again Mani for resurfacing your love and the nice comment and thanks for chirping in Moonstonelover21, thanks and love to both of you !~
  20. Vintagefran Vintagefran, 6 months ago
    Love them Phil! I've not seen these images before. Love the guns on the car & hanging from the mascot, shame you can't see it properly in the photos. Do you know what mascot it is, or even have it?:)
  21. PhilDavidAlexanderMorris PhilDavidAlexanderMorris, 6 months ago
    Its a bit hard to see, may be a bird.