Posted 8 months ago
These are two different 1909 magazine advertisements for Waltham Watches made by the Waltham Watch Co., Waltham, Mass.
--- The Waltham Improvement Co. merged in January 1859 with the Appleton, Tracy & Co. forming the American Watch Co. In 1885, after 26 years, the company name changed to American Waltham Watch Co. where it was to remain for the next 22 years. Most widely known under this name, the company would produce some of the finest examples of pocket watches ever created. In 1907 the name changed to Waltham Watch Co., in 1923 briefly to Waltham Watch and Clock Company and finally in 1925 to Waltham Watch Company. The Waltham Watch Company went out of business in 1957, but had founded a subsidiary in Switzerland in 1954, Waltham International SA. Waltham International SA retains the right to the Waltham trade name outside of North America, and continues to produce mechanical wrist watches and mechanical pocket watches under the "Waltham" brand.