Gone With the Wind Lamp

In Lamps > Show & Tell.
Lamps4745 of 6559Heat LampSwirly lamp

cme907cme907 loves this.
KathycatKathycat loves this.

vjparks
(1 item)

I would be interested in finding out the value and history of this lamp. The age also.
I know that the lamp is labeled Gone With the Wind, other than that I know little to nothing about this lamp.

Comments

1. TallCakes TallCakes, 5 years ago
    the globe appears to be a match to that of Consolidated Glass as referenced here: http://clicksnipwow.com/chataboutdg/img4297.search.htm
    These were usually called parlor lamps; the term GWTW is a fairly recent term for this style of lamp.
  2. Kathycat Kathycat, 5 years ago
    I am no expert but, I believe it's a 1940 Gone with the Wind Parlor Lamp, Lion Head. I had seen them selling on Ebay for as little as $29.00 to $99.00. If that is any help.
  3. vjparks, 5 years ago
    Thank you for your response. The most important thing for me is to try to date the lamp. It does have the lion head. I bought this at an antique store and not really for the value, I paid 160$ for the lamp which may be a little steep. I just feel in love with it and had to have it!
  4. Kathycat Kathycat, 5 years ago
    You are welcome. Last time I was on, I forgot to hit the love button. I can see how you fell in love with it. I would have bought it too. Like the saying goes: "Things are only worth, what someone is willing to pay". (or something like that).
    I don't think you did bad at all, it is a beautiful lamp.
  5. justadad, 2 years ago
    Not sure if this post is active, but wanted to say I have the exact match to this lamp. It was left by my grandmother. She called it a parlor lamp. If you have found anymore info about it, please post it. Thanks
  6. cme907, 10 months ago
    Hello!
    My Mom had this lamp, it has disappeared with her passing. I am looking to replace it. Is any one interested in selling theirs to me?
  7. Celiene Celiene, 10 months ago
    cme907, ebay look up lion head parlor lamp or GWTW lamp.
  8. cme907, 10 months ago