Posted 8 months ago
These are two 1950 magazine advertisements for Lanson Champagne.
-- Champagne Lanson is a Champagne house located in Reims. Lanson was founded in 1760 by a magistrate François Delamotte. He was succeeded by his son Nicholas-Louis in 1798 and formed a partnership with Jean-Baptiste Lanson, who, in 1837, gave the company the name of Lanson et Cie. The company focused, as it still is today, on exporting champagne to foreign markets. By the late 19th century, Lanson was supplying champagne by royal appointment to the courts of the United Kingdom, Sweden and Spain. Lanson still remains a purveyor of champagne to the British Royal Family and displays the coat of arms of Elizabeth II on its bottles. The champagne house remained family owned until 1980, when it was sold to the Gardinier Group. It changed hands several times until 1994, when it was purchased by Marne et Champagne (which renamed itself Lanson International). In 1996, Lanson International was purchased by the Boizel-Chanoine Group (BCC). Lanson and Besserat de Bellefon became part of this group, which also includes; Phillipponnat, de Venoge, Chanoine, Boizel and A.Bonnet. The Boizel-Chanoine Group also make 'House Label' Champagne for several UK supermarkets and independent retailers. In 2006, the Lanson-BCC group was created.