Posted 8 months ago
This is a 1950 magazine advertisement for Lejon Brandy produced by the National Distillers Products Corporation, New York, NY.
--- The National Distillers Products Company was formed in the 1920s and was an indirect offshoot of the disreputable Whiskey Trust of the late nineteenth century. In 1933, National owned approximately 50 percent of all of the whiskey in America along with a number of notable distilleries such as the Wathen Distillery (Old Grand-Dad, Old Taylor and Old Crow), the Overholt Distillery (Old Overholt) and three other distilleries that produced straight whiskey. Petri Interests purchased the Lejon brand from National Distillers in 1954. Petri was then acquired by the Jim Beam Brands Company in the 1980s.